inTank Media Baskets

StinkyBunny
8 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

How are you doing sir? You guys doing ok?

Yep, doing fine spending more time at the shop and off these goddamn forums. We're expanding monthly at this point, freshwater has almost doubled marine sales, Plus, Vietnam isn't shipping their specimens on live rock. The writing is on the wall about corals and it isn't good. I can see Australia shutting down coral exports in the next year, possibly 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I think it’s time to scrape the glass  🤦🏻‍♀️😄

Eh... give it another week. I can still see the corals inside. 😄

• Haha 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yep, doing fine spending more time at the shop and off these goddamn forums. We're expanding monthly at this point, freshwater has almost doubled marine sales, Plus, Vietnam isn't shipping their specimens on live rock. The writing is on the wall about corals and it isn't good. I can see Australia shutting down coral exports in the next year, possibly 6 months.

I'm glad you guys are doing good 🙂. Sucks about coral though. Wish people weren't so damn greedy and ruin things. I guess that's human nature though.

• Like 3

Im notorious for not cleaning my glass. Stupid lazy clean up crew, not doing their job.

Maybe they will get the message if i tape a 9 volt battery to the glass.

• Haha 3
16 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Plus, Vietnam isn't shipping their specimens on live rock. The writing is on the wall about corals and it isn't good. I can see Australia shutting down coral exports in the next year, possibly 6 months.

Maybe i should tear down my reef and go african cichlid, or planted with discus.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, JBM said:

Im notorious for not cleaning my glass. Stupid lazy clean up crew, not doing their job.

Maybe they will get the message if i tape a 9 volt battery to the glass.

I need new recruits for my crew..... that mean ass crab killed a lot of good men. 

StinkyBunny
3 hours ago, JBM said:

Maybe i should tear down my reef and go african cichlid, or planted with discus.

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear that I'm not. The Indonesians have raped their reefs since the 80s with dynamite fishing, cyanide fishing and dredging so I don't look for them to come back online for a while. Australia may stay open, but with heavy restrictions on exports. There are quite a few there that are farming corals with really good results. They're also going out and replanting corals on the GBR to get the heavily bleached areas back in shape. Tonga is on again, off again and well, there's Fiji. Who the hell knows with that fukn place. i heard the end of May it might reopen, then the end of June.

3 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I need new recruits for my crew..... that mean ass crab killed a lot of good men. 

I'll loan you Big Bertha my Titan, she's never met a crab she didn't wanna eat, lol.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear that I'm not. The Indonesians have raped their reefs since the 80s with dynamite fishing, cyanide fishing and dredging so I don't look for them to come back online for a while. Australia may stay open, but with heavy restrictions on exports. There are quite a few there that are farming corals with really good results. They're also going out and replanting corals on the GBR to get the heavily bleached areas back in shape. Tonga is on again, off again and well, there's Fiji. Who the hell knows with that fukn place. i heard the end of May it might reopen, then the end of June.

I'll loan you Big Bertha my Titan, she's never met a crab she didn't wanna eat, lol.

I need an entire refresh....... there are some tiny hermits, a few nassarius snails, the cowrie and Buffalo Bill.  

I also want another Halloween Hermit since the last one was murdered by the crab. 

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
5 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I need an entire refresh....... there are some tiny hermits, a few nassarius snails, the cowrie and Buffalo Bill.  

I also want another Halloween Hermit since the last one was murdered by the crab. 

I love my 2 Halloween’s and the two electric blues!! So fun to watch. 

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

I'll order a bunch of Halloweens next week and hold on to them. They're not always on my list. I'm going to ask my new supplier if he gets them.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I'll order a bunch of Halloweens next week and hold on to them. They're not always on my list. I'm going to ask my new supplier if he gets them.

They are so chill...... I guess it’s because they are in those conch shells and can’t move very fast. Definitely one of my faves. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

They are so chill...... I guess it’s because they are in those conch shells and can’t move very fast. Definitely one of my faves. 

Do halloween hermits ever wear any other kind of shell? I don't think I've ever seen one in anything but one of those. 🤔

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Do halloween hermits ever wear any other kind of shell? I don't think I've ever seen one in anything but one of those. 🤔

Nope. They have a very flat body that only works in a conch shell. 

• Like 4
Just now, TheBig053 said:

Whoa!! Wait a minute. You have a fish tank? 😉

Lookin’ good. Wish I wasn’t so lazy and could keep up with my build thread!

I really do! 😄

Ah, just toss up a pic every now and then. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha 1
Just now, WV Reefer said:

I really do! 😄

Ah, just toss up a pic every now and then. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Well now I gotta find my damn thread...

• Haha 1
TheBig053
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

His reign of terror has come to an end......

RIP Buffalo Bill 

😞

RIP!

78F47002-F912-436E-9DF0-3E4252394C04.gif.e15da394bd4eb6d14824ca606913bec3.gif

who?

• Haha 3
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm