Cultivated Reef

StinkyBunny

42 minutes ago, patback said:

At an old house I lived in, there was a dead tree with a hollow part up top.  Never saw an adult but baby owls would poke their heads out every year and just watch around.  Very cool to see.  

There is a bird sanctuary not too far from me that basically every animal around are so used to being fed, they just crawl all over you.  Chipmunks, squirrels, woodpeckers, Robin's, blue Jay's, turkeys... you name it, they'll land right on you and hang out.  There is a decent sized hawk that always swoops real close down around a corner of the trail but it doesnt seem like it is done in a territorial way.  I want to bring a mouse and a glove one day and see if it will take it from my hand. 

Just a word of warning about doing things to birds of prey. You better have DEEP pockets if you get caught, fines are severe. Go take the falconer's classes, they're about $400 and then you don't get fukt in the ass to the tune of 10 grand.

36 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

We actually have a fox that lives in the neighborhood. If you rifle through my Instagram I took a pic of the one and a video. Its going back pretty far though. He's about 30 pounds. Little smaller than my dog. He hangs out in my yard sometimes.

I'd kill the fox, they carry several zoonotic diseases that can kill you or make you wish you were dead, rabies, lepto, carry ticks that carry Lyme's disease and mange are a few  of them. They're bad news and should be chased away whenever possible.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

Just a word of warning about doing things to birds of prey. You better have DEEP pockets if you get caught, fines are severe. Go take the falconer's classes, they're about $400 and then you don't get fukt in the ass to the tune of 10 grand.

I'd kill the fox, they carry several zoonotic diseases that can kill you or make you wish you were dead, rabies, lepto, carry ticks that carry Lyme's disease and mange are a few  of them. They're bad news and should be chased away whenever possible.

But petco mice are only 50 cents. I live life on the edge.

Also, I've had mange. It ain't too bad. It's the real reason I am bald. 

• Haha 4
  • Wow 2
ECLS Reefer
21 minutes ago, patback said:

Would you be willing to take a small scraping as a sample for me and send it to my PO box?  That is a perfect specimen that has been bestowed upon you. 

You can't be serious. Are you serious? 

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, patback said:

🧐🤔🤓

Judging by the berry contents and what is seemingly fiber-like in structure or insect fragments, along with the impressive size, I can confidently rule out any bird of the finch family.  Judging by the proportiantly small urate left behind, I would also rule out any water or coastal bird. 

That sir, is left behind by a member of the order Passeriformes, family most presumably being that of Corvidae.

We'll, it could be worse. :eek: I'm just glad it's not from the family "Homo Erectus"! :haha:

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Nursecop818 said:

You can't be serious. Are you serious? 

Oh, miss nurse cop.  I am a fun guy, but Aviary excrement is no laughing matter.  

• Haha 5
StinkyBunny
27 minutes ago, KISReef said:

We'll, it could be worse. :eek: I'm just glad it's not from the family "Homo Erectus"! :haha:

I shit on a guy's car seat for trying to bang a chick I was banging.

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

I'd have been freaking dafuq out over that. Owls and crows are messengers of bad/evil/doom.

Owls speak of an impending death.

-I had a pet crow when I was younger.  Strong winds blew him out of his nest as a baby.  Fed him with an eyedropper until he was able to eat solids.  Kept him as a pet for a year or so.  Finally let him go.  He learned several words and phrases.   Name was Mr Jones.  He'd reply back, "Hello Jones" 

Years later he would fly over our house yelling "Hello Jones" and as time passed so did his vocabulary....only "Hell" was heard for awhile.  Probably scared the shit out of the neighborhood people. 

He was awesome. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Ha yea i read a little on symbolism if the owl only after someone had seen my daughters nursery... I thought it was cool that this owl was watching over the crib,  but then it freaked me out.. plus this owl looks pissed off 🤣

20190318_162247.jpg

• Haha 6
  • Wow 3
1 minute ago, Weikel said:

Ha yea i read a little on symbolism if the owl only after someone had seen my daughters nursery... I thought it was cool that this owl was watching over the crib,  but then it freaked me out.. plus this owl looks pissed off 🤣

20190318_162247.jpg

Yeah, that looks like a shady owl. 

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

-I had a pet crow when I was younger.  Strong winds blew him out of his nest as a baby.  Fed him with an eyedropper until he was able to eat solids.  Kept him as a pet for a year or so.  Finally let him go.  He learned several words and phrases.   Name was Mr Jones.  He'd reply back, "Hello Jones" 

Years later he would fly over our house yelling "Hello Jones" and as time passed so did his vocabulary....only "Hell" was heard for awhile.  Probably scared the shit out of the neighborhood people. 

He was awesome. 

That was an awesome story. Almost sounds like a joke write up. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Weikel said:

20190318_162247.jpg

Was your daughter holding a tootsie pop by chance? 

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Was your daughter holding a tootsie pop by chance? 

Ha I was tring to think of what character it looked like!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

A one, a two, a three ......

Just now, jack1978 said:

...... crunch!

Three!

Why, Mr Owl ...... you ate my ####ing lollipop you mother####er!! 

• Haha 3
34 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I shit on a guy's car seat for trying to bang a chick I was banging.

Thats it?

I stole two chrome rims and tossed them into a local pond. They are still there to this day (and that was 15 years ago)

• Haha 2
ECLS Reefer
34 minutes ago, Weikel said:

20190318_162247.jpg

Maybe it’s constipated and waiting for a windshield

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm