inTank Media Baskets

8 minutes ago, Friendly said:

that's got to be the oddest species to house in your 12 gallon. I can't believe you got it to fit  :blink: 

He put up a good fight. 😄

• Haha 2

our back yard has about 10 - 20 bald eagles...there used to be more, until the city cut down a massive three they roosted in for a sewage upgrade.

I go to bed and wake up to them chittering away usually...cept when it's the salmon run, cause then they're gone baby gone, LoL!

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
19 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Found it 😀

Screenshot_20190318-134745.png

Pretty! 

We live by a large cemetery and the hawks patrol the entire area.  

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
19 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Pretty! 

We live by a large cemetery and the hawks patrol the entire area.  

It was cool..i was looking for a disc that I shanked off a tree lol...all of a sudden I hear this thing over my head and it was that bird. Thing was massive, probably had a 4-5ft wingspan. He watched me as I searched for my disc, then just took off. He was just hanging out, let me get that pic of him.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

🤫 There’s a creeper in the woods:

8BFBA6E8-C74E-4AA2-BB52-AD77AAB07637.thumb.jpeg.a8bb96d63bc73559e6953c3996d89c75.jpeg

9BBC50AE-131B-441D-A2F0-E4B1B9AE152F.thumb.jpeg.5cda566e98b226ffcc94765fc961557e.jpeg

That's REALLY, REALLY bad medicine seeing an owl during the day, REALLY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I'd have been freaking dafuq out over that. Owls and crows are messengers of bad/evil/doom.

Really?? I thought just the opposite, I always thought it was good luck to see a bird of prey. #### crows though lol

• Haha 2
StinkyBunny
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Really?? I thought just the opposite, I always thought it was good luck to see a bird of prey. #### crows though lol

Hawks and Eagles yes, Owls during the day no. If you see a hawk or eagle you say a prayer and it will carry it to grandfather in heaven.

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
28 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

That's REALLY, REALLY bad medicine seeing an owl during the day, REALLY.

I thought that when I saw it too- I was forced to read “I Heard the Owl Call My Name” in junior high and never forgot it. Not creepy but for some reason that native belief stuck with me.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I'd have been freaking dafuq out over that. Owls and crows are messengers of bad/evil/doom.

I want to make friends with a crow to see what shiny things it will bring me. 

You guys are lucky to have such cool animals near your homes. I just get regular old robins and chickadees. And bunnies galore that leave poop piles EVERYWHERE!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

You guys are lucky to have such cool animals near your homes. I just get regular old robins and chickadees. And bunnies galore that leave poop piles EVERYWHERE!!

At an old house I lived in, there was a dead tree with a hollow part up top.  Never saw an adult but baby owls would poke their heads out every year and just watch around.  Very cool to see.  

There is a bird sanctuary not too far from me that basically every animal around are so used to being fed, they just crawl all over you.  Chipmunks, squirrels, woodpeckers, Robin's, blue Jay's, turkeys... you name it, they'll land right on you and hang out.  There is a decent sized hawk that always swoops real close down around a corner of the trail but it doesnt seem like it is done in a territorial way.  I want to bring a mouse and a glove one day and see if it will take it from my hand. 

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Hawks and Eagles yes, Owls during the day no. If you see a hawk or eagle you say a prayer and it will carry it to grandfather in heaven.

Oh wow that's really cool, thanks I didn't know that 😀. I love learning things like that.

1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

🤔 Yeah, Im gonna go with the version that says they represent feminine energy, the moon and wisdom. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

🤔 Yeah, Im gonna go with the version that says they represent feminine energy, the moon and wisdom. 

Feminine energy IS doom.  

So I've heard.

Dont tell me wife. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
24 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

We actually have a fox that lives in the neighborhood. If you rifle through my Instagram I took a pic of the one and a video. Its going back pretty far though. He's about 30 pounds. Little smaller than my dog. He hangs out in my yard sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
3 minutes ago, patback said:

Feminine energy IS doom.  

So I've heard.

Dont tell me wife. 

That made me lol 😄

2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

We actually have a fox that lives in the neighborhood. If you rifle through my Instagram I took a pic of the one and a video. Its going back pretty far though. He's about 30 pounds. Little smaller than my dog. He hangs out in my yard sometimes.

They are so cute! And goofy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
righttirefire
2 minutes ago, patback said:

Feminine energy IS doom.  

So I've heard.

Dont tell me wife. 

Here's a hint newly wed... she already knows...

• Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
16 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

That made me lol 😄

They are so cute! And goofy. 

Hell ya, he's super chill to. Kinda acts stoned, like yeah I'm a fox so what lol

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, KISReef said:

Can anyone identify this bird? This thing's in big trouble if I ever find it! 

14483321623_73a7f4a0f9.jpg

🧐🤔🤓

Judging by the berry contents and what is seemingly fiber-like in structure or insect fragments, along with the impressive size, I can confidently rule out any bird of the finch family.  Judging by the proportiantly small urate left behind, I would also rule out any water or coastal bird. 

That sir, is left behind by a member of the order Passeriformes, family most presumably being that of Corvidae.

• Haha 4
22 minutes ago, KISReef said:

Can anyone identify this bird? This thing's in big trouble if I ever find it! 

14483321623_73a7f4a0f9.jpg

Would you be willing to take a small scraping as a sample for me and send it to my PO box?  That is a perfect specimen that has been bestowed upon you. 

• Haha 4
7 minutes ago, patback said:

Would you be willing to take a small scraping as a sample for me and send it to my PO box?  That is a perfect specimen that has been bestowed upon you. 

If you get your jollies from bird turds, I’ll hook you up. 😁

• Haha 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm