Top Shelf Aquatics

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
42 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

The chances are high. 

Damn I have only seen the full starfish a hand full of times, really awesome you got that on film 😀

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Friendly said:

WV, can you refresh our memories of your maintenance routine for this tank?

I do a 30% water change every two weeks.

Clean the glass and powerheads as needed.  

Thats it. 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

and how much of a biological load does it have...what all do you have stocked in there?

I've been waffling back and forth on getting an IM20 or a 12 long or a 22 long...and I think I'm gonna push myself to get the 22 long, since the space it needs is almost the same as the 12...I just can't make up my bloody mind, LoL!

• Like 1
Just now, Friendly said:

and how much of a biological load does it have...what all do you have stocked in there?

I've been waffling back and forth on getting an IM20 or a 12 long or a 22 long...and I think I'm gonna push myself to get the 22 long, since the space it needs is almost the same as the 12...I just can't make up my bloody mind, LoL!

I have:

1 clownfish

1 scooter blenny

6 sexy shrimp

1 money cowrie

And an assortment of tiny hermits, brittle stars, limpets, snails and worms. 

Now that the Bad Crab is gone I will probably get a larger shrimp or something like that. 

using your unfiltered method, how much heavier bio-load do you think your tank could tank?

I'm looking to do KISS as well, but would like a pair of clowns, a goby/shrimp combo, bunch of crabs/snails/stars and perhaps a couple more fish...blenny or firefish or something purty.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Friendly said:

using your unfiltered method, how much heavier bio-load do you think your tank could tank?

I'm looking to do KISS as well, but would like a pair of clowns, a goby/shrimp combo, bunch of crabs/snails/stars and perhaps a couple more fish...blenny or firefish or something purty.

It’s just a matter of balance..... More poop equals more water change. 

In a 22 long you should be good with that stocking. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

It’s just a matter of balance..... More poop equals more water change. 

In a 22 long you should be good with that stocking. 

I ruv you wise and adorable old lady!   :haha:

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

You are welcome kind sir. 😊

also I know you're not old...I was being cheeky. if I've read right and my memory is working, you're a few years older than me and I'm not 40 yet...  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Oh she is old so don't worry about offending her :lol: 

I wont be surprised if we don't see her for a few days after the Zombie concert as she will probably pull a muscle in the mosh pit...….

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, spectra said:

Oh she is old so don't worry about offending her :lol: 

I wont be surprised if we don't see her for a few days after the Zombie concert as she will probably pull a muscle in the mosh pit...….

13A30BBD-793D-42AB-B7BF-B5C900C091AF.jpeg.dd0c05c73f1c1ce9ed201b57ad58e390.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 7:02 PM, StinkyBunny said:

If I ever get a few minutes I'll take a pic for you. They spawned and about a month later I noticed all of these pink spots all over the run. They're about 3 months old now. Like the rest of the Aussie corals, they spawn on the full moon in October.

I wanna see a baby pink plate!!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, seabass said:

We see them sometimes at night in our back yard.  We heard one catch something once.  Powerful animals.

They are so pretty. Usually around here you mostly see Screech Owls so it’s almost magical when you see one of the larger types. 

• Like 4
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I'll have to see if I can find the pic of the hawk from last summer. He was probably 20 ft away while I was playing disc golf. Stayed for a few mins.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

🤫 There’s a creeper in the woods:

8BFBA6E8-C74E-4AA2-BB52-AD77AAB07637.thumb.jpeg.a8bb96d63bc73559e6953c3996d89c75.jpeg

9BBC50AE-131B-441D-A2F0-E4B1B9AE152F.thumb.jpeg.5cda566e98b226ffcc94765fc961557e.jpeg

that's got to be the oddest species to house in your 12 gallon. I can't believe you got it to fit  :blink: 

• Haha 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm