Jump to content

Recommended Posts

spectra

Just give em the shiv..........

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer

 

 

 

 

 

7 minutes ago, spectra said:

Just give em the shiv..........

 

The chances are high. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly

skewer n some garlic butter!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
42 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

The chances are high. 

Damn I have only seen the full starfish a hand full of times, really awesome you got that on film 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly

WV, can you refresh our memories of your maintenance routine for this tank?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
9 minutes ago, Friendly said:

WV, can you refresh our memories of your maintenance routine for this tank?

 

 

I do a 30% water change every two weeks.

 

Clean the glass and powerheads as needed.  

 

Thats it. 😊

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly

and how much of a biological load does it have...what all do you have stocked in there?

 

I've been waffling back and forth on getting an IM20 or a 12 long or a 22 long...and I think I'm gonna push myself to get the 22 long, since the space it needs is almost the same as the 12...I just can't make up my bloody mind, LoL!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
Just now, Friendly said:

and how much of a biological load does it have...what all do you have stocked in there?

 

I've been waffling back and forth on getting an IM20 or a 12 long or a 22 long...and I think I'm gonna push myself to get the 22 long, since the space it needs is almost the same as the 12...I just can't make up my bloody mind, LoL!

 

I have:

 

1 clownfish

1 scooter blenny

6 sexy shrimp

1 money cowrie

And an assortment of tiny hermits, brittle stars, limpets, snails and worms. 

 

Now that the Bad Crab is gone I will probably get a larger shrimp or something like that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly

using your unfiltered method, how much heavier bio-load do you think your tank could tank?

 

I'm looking to do KISS as well, but would like a pair of clowns, a goby/shrimp combo, bunch of crabs/snails/stars and perhaps a couple more fish...blenny or firefish or something purty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
1 minute ago, Friendly said:

using your unfiltered method, how much heavier bio-load do you think your tank could tank?

 

I'm looking to do KISS as well, but would like a pair of clowns, a goby/shrimp combo, bunch of crabs/snails/stars and perhaps a couple more fish...blenny or firefish or something purty.

 

It’s just a matter of balance..... More poop equals more water change. 

 

In a 22 long you should be good with that stocking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly
25 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

 

It’s just a matter of balance..... More poop equals more water change. 

 

In a 22 long you should be good with that stocking. 

I ruv you wise and adorable old lady!   :haha:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
6 minutes ago, Friendly said:

I ruv you wise and adorable old lady!   :haha:

 

You are welcome kind sir. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly
26 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

 

You are welcome kind sir. 😊

also I know you're not old...I was being cheeky. if I've read right and my memory is working, you're a few years older than me and I'm not 40 yet...  :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

Oh she is old so don't worry about offending her :lol: 

 

I wont be surprised if we don't see her for a few days after the Zombie concert as she will probably pull a muscle in the mosh pit...….

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
14 minutes ago, spectra said:

Oh she is old so don't worry about offending her :lol: 

 

I wont be surprised if we don't see her for a few days after the Zombie concert as she will probably pull a muscle in the mosh pit...….

13A30BBD-793D-42AB-B7BF-B5C900C091AF.jpeg.dd0c05c73f1c1ce9ed201b57ad58e390.jpeg

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly

they'll have the ramps for her walker?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
Just now, WV Reefer said:

13A30BBD-793D-42AB-B7BF-B5C900C091AF.jpeg.dd0c05c73f1c1ce9ed201b57ad58e390.jpeg

 

Will look for you on the lil rascal...….. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Will look for you on the lil rascal...….. 

If you can do it I can do it. 😄

 

930C11CB-C603-4F22-9044-991201A53629.gif.8c83d7b25eda478265264dfb9db71529.gif

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly

I was gonna post a gif of a crazy old lady dancing...but the results were too scary.  :ninja:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee
On 2/8/2019 at 7:02 PM, StinkyBunny said:

If I ever get a few minutes I'll take a pic for you. They spawned and about a month later I noticed all of these pink spots all over the run. They're about 3 months old now. Like the rest of the Aussie corals, they spawn on the full moon in October.

I wanna see a baby pink plate!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer

 

🤫 There’s a creeper in the woods:

 

8BFBA6E8-C74E-4AA2-BB52-AD77AAB07637.thumb.jpeg.a8bb96d63bc73559e6953c3996d89c75.jpeg

 

 

9BBC50AE-131B-441D-A2F0-E4B1B9AE152F.thumb.jpeg.5cda566e98b226ffcc94765fc961557e.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

We see them sometimes at night in our back yard.  We heard one catch something once.  Powerful animals.

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
4 minutes ago, seabass said:

We see them sometimes at night in our back yard.  We heard one catch something once.  Powerful animals.

 

They are so pretty. Usually around here you mostly see Screech Owls so it’s almost magical when you see one of the larger types. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I'll have to see if I can find the pic of the hawk from last summer. He was probably 20 ft away while I was playing disc golf. Stayed for a few mins.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly
31 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

 

🤫 There’s a creeper in the woods:

 

8BFBA6E8-C74E-4AA2-BB52-AD77AAB07637.thumb.jpeg.a8bb96d63bc73559e6953c3996d89c75.jpeg

 

 

9BBC50AE-131B-441D-A2F0-E4B1B9AE152F.thumb.jpeg.5cda566e98b226ffcc94765fc961557e.jpeg

that's got to be the oddest species to house in your 12 gallon. I can't believe you got it to fit  :blink: 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...