Cultivated Reef

3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I had them in my 75 first with major flow. Then moved them to this tank because I wanted to crank it up even higher in the big tank. 

You could always turn off the pumps off and let them catch something. 

I saw that. 😂

I have to only way I can feed them. The dendros can catch the food but the scoly and plates not so much. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, spectra said:

I have to only way I can feed them. The dendros can catch the food but the scoly and plates not so much. 

In the big tank I never turn off the pumps unless I’m cleaning or something but with this tank I have to stop them so the Scooter can grab stuff since he’s slow as hell. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Friendly said:

what's on the glass? algae?

also, why don't you have a 22 gallon, 33 gallon and 55 gallon long and dirty to go with your 12 and 75?  :ninja:

Yeah it just needs cleaned off along the sand. 

Dont tempt me. 😂

• Haha 2
51 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Yeah it just needs cleaned off along the sand. 

Dont tempt me. 😂

sounds like you need a better CUC.

and don't worry about temptation...I'm not that good looking.  :rolleyes:

but to tempt you...after you've got those, you can add the 9, 6, 3 and 1.5 gallon longs.  :naughtydance:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Friendly said:

what's on the glass? algae?

also, why don't you have a 22 gallon, 33 gallon and 55 gallon long and dirty to go with your 12 and 75?  :ninja:

That's how it started with us. An RSM130D, then the 57 rimless, then an 80 rimless, then another and another plus the 30 frag tank and the dual 40 breeders.

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

That's how it started with us. An RSM130D, then the 57 rimless, then an 80 rimless, then another and another plus the 30 frag tank and the dual 40 breeders.

but that's a hodge podge. did you not see the trend for 'long' in all the sizes I mentioned? HEE HEE!  :haha:

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

It’s a sickness within us. 😄

• Haha 2
47 minutes ago, Friendly said:

heh. goes to show you how much I have to learn, I thought that was some type of anemone!

it is wonderful though 😄

That’s why I love it...... it’s my fauxnemone! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Friendly said:

what is the coral's exact name?

does your Clown host it?

Long Tentacle Plate Coral. 

Not yet......   he’s still in love with the Frogspawn. 🙄

• Haha 1

LiveAquaria says this coral is aggressive...is that why it's so far out on it's own?

does it move itself? did you have issues getting it to settle down where it wouldn't harm others?

• Like 1

LiveAquaria says this coral is aggressive...is that why it's so far out on it's own?

does it move itself? did you have issues getting it to settle down where it wouldn't harm others?

I’ve never had it sting anyone......and it likes to snuggle. It also closes up at night so no danger there. 

It will move around if it doesn’t like the placement. 

Here it is snuggling with another Plate Coral and an Open Brain. 

3BDAAFC2-5D3D-4D48-A81A-C2F244EC6CC9.thumb.jpeg.089cabafc37540d9015ee8a022d939f5.jpeg

69FB8495-788D-4B31-A099-196E2319BA94.thumb.jpeg.98fcd9b43cf291115910e26a0f9fef8c.jpeg

• Like 2
9 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

It’s my fave. 😊

Good, if I ever get over there I have a pink one for you, Diaseteris. 100% bred in captivity from a spawn in one of the runs, they're about an inch now. I also have a Lemon Yellow LT on that stays pissed with me, dunno WTF its issue is.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Good, if I ever get over there I have a pink one for you, Diaseteris. 100% bred in captivity from a spawn in one of the runs, they're about an inch now. I also have a Lemon Yellow LT on that stays pissed with me, dunno WTF its issue is.

A pink one?! That’s very cool. 

2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

A pink one?! That’s very cool. 

If I ever get a few minutes I'll take a pic for you. They spawned and about a month later I noticed all of these pink spots all over the run. They're about 3 months old now. Like the rest of the Aussie corals, they spawn on the full moon in October.

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm