Top Shelf Aquatics

what's the lil tank to the right of this beastie?

also...any way to post a picture from an image host other than Instagram...for those without an Instagram account? I'd like to blow it up for detail, but won't let me :( 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Friendly said:

what's the lil tank to the right of this beastie?

also...any way to post a picture from an image host other than Instagram...for those without an Instagram account? I'd like to blow it up for detail, but won't let me 😞

The small tank is my Minicompletetank. 

There are a few of us on NR that bought them recently  

Here’s a few pics direct to NR:

E97C6D25-196B-411A-B8F5-1BDF87146223.thumb.jpeg.7056f2a59f64b86347a36c4ec372de87.jpeg

B865E2B7-17F6-406D-A537-F64C93C7C302.thumb.jpeg.465ab92d8d7634c6918575ee2ddaa1df.jpeg

57CA8DFF-38F1-47FD-84BC-5BDA330E5510.thumb.jpeg.26381953366c40ed1b562f714a1fa19b.jpeg

😊

• Like 3

beeootiful!  :haha:

! what is the big trumpet like coral in the center stage?

also, has your methodology changed in how you care for your long n dirty tanks? I'm thinking of trying something similar with a 3 or 6 gallon long.  🙂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Friendly said:

beeootiful!  :haha:

! what is the big trumpet like coral in the center stage?

also, has your methodology changed in how you care for your long n dirty tanks? I'm thinking of trying something similar with a 3 or 6 gallon long.  🙂

Thank you! 😊

Thats a Cup Coral. 

Methods are still the same.....No filters. No skimmer. No additives. Water changes are a little more flexible now that it is older.— I tend to do every other week instead of weekly. 

You should try it. It’ll make you feel free. 😄

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Thank you! 😊

Thats a Cup Coral. 

Methods are still the same.....No filters. No skimmer. No additives. Water changes are a little more flexible now that it is older.— I tend to do every other week instead of weekly. 

You should try it. It’ll make you feel free. 😄

it'll also save me a small fortune in supplies/equipment!  Lol!  😄 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, vlangel said:

Gourgeous macro pics!  I love all your tanks.

Thank you. 😊

I’m still adjusting the new lights to my liking and I think the pics are still looking just a bit too bright or something.  

• Like 1
A Little Blue
On 1/29/2019 at 1:43 PM, WV Reefer said:

The small tank is my Minicompletetank. 

There are a few of us on NR that bought them recently  

Here’s a few pics direct to NR:

E97C6D25-196B-411A-B8F5-1BDF87146223.thumb.jpeg.7056f2a59f64b86347a36c4ec372de87.jpeg

B865E2B7-17F6-406D-A537-F64C93C7C302.thumb.jpeg.465ab92d8d7634c6918575ee2ddaa1df.jpeg

57CA8DFF-38F1-47FD-84BC-5BDA330E5510.thumb.jpeg.26381953366c40ed1b562f714a1fa19b.jpeg

😊

That Plate is amazing. Wished that I could find place for one...... maybe in my dump tank. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

That Plate is amazing. Wished that I could find place for one...... maybe in my dump tank. 

I love that thing......It’s so pretty with the stripes. Probably the closest look to an anemone without all the bullsh*t. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
A Little Blue
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I love that thing......It’s so pretty with the stripes. Probably the closest look to an anemone without all the bullsh*t. 😄

What about their stingers? I am a bit hesitant for that reason alone. I’ve seen an orange one that caught my eye. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

What about their stingers? I am a bit hesitant for that reason alone. I’ve seen an orange one that caught my eye. 

I’ve had the two plates snuggle together with my Open Brain and didn’t hurt it. The Long Tentacle Plate closes up at night. 

Here’s a pic of the 3-way:

• Like 5
A Little Blue
23 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I’ve had the two plates snuggle together with my Open Brain and didn’t hurt it. The Long Tentacle Plate closes up at night. 

Maybe I do give it a try. It has been years since I had one. Thanks 😉

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Maybe I do give it a try. It has been years since I had one. Thanks 😉

57 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

There were some REALLY nice plates coming out of Tonga. I have a striped Indo plate in the 50 cube that walks back and forth across the front of the tank. The pistol shrimp gets pissed off at it sometimes and I find it upside down.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

That three way pic!!! 

ohhhhhh.gif.b1e215e566bbd2703c28cb1d410ed130.gif

• Haha 2
A Little Blue
36 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

There were some REALLY nice plates coming out of Tonga. I have a striped Indo plate in the 50 cube that walks back and forth across the front of the tank. The pistol shrimp gets pissed off at it sometimes and I find it upside down.

That walking thing is freakn me out too. I got quite a bit of value frags on my bb and it would be a shame to beat that plate with a stick every time it moves. 🙄

Dump tank I don’t care that much about so perhaps I could try to find nice one to test the waters in there....

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

That walking thing is freakn me out too. I got quite a bit of value frags on my bb and it would be a shame to beat that plate with a stick every time it moves. 🙄

Dump tank I don’t care that much about so perhaps I could try to find nice one to test the waters in there....

Mine have never moved more than a few inches here and there. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, spectra said:

I love plates..............but you need to feed them and I get lazy sometimes............

I never feed mine. If they catch it, they eat it. 

13 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I never feed mine. If they catch it, they eat it. 

I have had them wither away if not feeding them. Same with scolys

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

I have had them wither away if not feeding them. Same with scolys

Mine keep getting fatter and fatter. 🤷🏻‍♀️

13 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Mine keep getting fatter and fatter. 🤷🏻‍♀️

How much flow in there ?

When I feed it blows right by them :rolleyes: plus the scolys take time to open. So I feed a little then kill the pump and give them a squirt........

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, spectra said:

How much flow in there ?

When I feed it blows right by them :rolleyes: plus the scolys take time to open. So I feed a little then kill the pump and give them a squirt........

I had them in my 75 first with major flow. Then moved them to this tank because I wanted to crank it up even higher in the big tank. 

You could always turn off the pumps off and let them catch something. 

11 minutes ago, spectra said:

Must be slow in the lounge......... I am getting notifications on the beer thread :rolleyes:

I saw that. 😂

• Like 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm