Innovative Marine Aquariums

2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I always think the little inverts are pretty awesome. I think that's why I dig saltwater, all the crazy life.

I buy bags of pods every few months and Im pretty sure that’s where he came from originally.

I Have never had a crab that I bought survive in this tank but the accidental crab thrives. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Well I hope he behaves 🙂. He is badass though

Rico is probably the only one in danger since he sleeps in the sand. I’ve never seen the crab out of the reef and Rico can’t sleep under the reef because there is rubble back there...... so hopefully he’ll be good with supplemental feedings.  

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Rico is probably the only one in danger since he sleeps in the sand. I’ve never seen the crab out of the reef and Rico can’t sleep under the reef because there is rubble back there...... so hopefully he’ll be good with supplemental feedings.  

Fingers 🤞...🙂

• Like 1
Militant Jurist
11 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I Have never had a crab that I bought survive in this tank but the accidental crab thrives. 🤷🏻‍♀️

It's always the crabs you didn't mean to get that just don't go away. 🦀

• Haha 5
On 12/26/2018 at 9:02 PM, WV Reefer said:

if he does something bad his ass is grass 

I got these black furry crabs in on the Manado rock and everyone says they're bad because they have furry claws, but damn if I've ever seen them pick at anything but algae in the rock tank. That's another reason that Mr. Mantis is going away tomorrow, I don't want the little bastard killing off all the cool shit in that tank.

12 hours ago, Militant Jurist said:

It's always the crabs you didn't mean to get that just don't go away. 🦀

You need to be more careful where you put it and you won't get things that won't go away, just sayin. I can tell you how to get rid of them that's fool proof. An old Navy Corpsman told me this. Shave all yer pubes off  except for a narrow strip. Then douse the area with rubbing alcohol. When they break cover bayonet the bastards. I'm pretty sure he was putting me on though. 😉

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I got these black furry crabs in on the Manado rock and everyone says they're bad because they have furry claws, but damn if I've ever seen them pick at anything but algae in the rock tank. That's another reason that Mr. Mantis is going away tomorrow, I don't want the little bastard killing off all the cool shit in that tank.

You need to be more careful where you put it and you won't get things that won't go away, just sayin. I can tell you how to get rid of them that's fool proof. An old Navy Corpsman told me this. Shave all yer pubes off  except for a narrow strip. Then douse the area with rubbing alcohol. When they break cover bayonet the bastards. I'm pretty sure he was putting me on though. 😉

I thought you were gonna say “then light them on fire”. 😂

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I thought you were gonna say “then light them on fire”. 😂

You'd have loved him, Christ he was a character. I thought the same thing, but when he said bayonet them I damn near died, lol. The Jarheads didn't think it was too funny because they were ready to do anything to get rid of them. Tropical climate+ crotch crickets= a REAL bad time

• Haha 2
  • Wow 2
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

You'd have loved him, Christ he was a character. I thought the same thing, but when he said bayonet them I damn near died, lol. The Jarheads didn't think it was too funny because they were ready to do anything to get rid of them. Tropical climate+ crotch crickets= a REAL bad time

“Crotch crickets” make them sound fun. 😂

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Isn't crabs just a type of body lice?  

• Like 1

Oh, you have NO IDEA of the shit I saw there. He told us when we got there in no uncertain terms DO NOT F*CK WITH THE INDIGENOUS POPULATION OR YOUR DICK WILL ROT OFF!! Judging from some of the clap I saw there he wasn't too far off. Scared me bad enough to keep it in my pants.

2 minutes ago, patback said:

Isn't crabs just a type of body lice?  

Yes

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

Oh, you have NO IDEA of the shit I saw there. He told us when we got there in no uncertain terms DO NOT F*CK WITH THE INDIGENOUS POPULATION OR YOUR DICK WILL ROT OFF!! Judging from some of the clap I saw there he wasn't too far off. Scared me bad enough to keep it in my pants.

Yes

Shave that crap off then. Nice Brazilian never hurt...atleast in the helpful way.

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, patback said:

Shave that crap off then. Nice Brazilian never hurt...atleast in the helpful way.

When I was researching before I got my vasectomy I found a British site. The Brits just kill me with they way they put things. One guy used NAIR on his plums and, well, it didn't end well. Another got a back, sack and crack waxing. He said the pain would bring a tear to a glass eye. I damn near passed out I was laughing so damn hard.

• Haha 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Had some money burning a hole in my pocket and a few coupon codes so I am changing out some equipment...........and by some, I mean all. 😄 

1A0EA6D7-C804-4DDF-B016-5E3D9850401C.thumb.jpeg.6f8891c732473c4655a7613b144cbe20.jpeg

It seemed like a great idea until I remembered I would have to take apart the bookcase to run the wires................

......On hold till the weekend.... I have to be in the mood for that sh*t 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 5
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm