Innovative Marine Aquariums

@Christopher Marks asked about the overhead clearance for this set up, so here are a few pics that show how I can gain more access if necessary. 

Today was water change day so I took off the shelf to wipe everything down. 

78CE727E-3164-4005-83E1-96289C89A291.thumb.jpeg.9aa4cd42e7c5fdca280d19ada59eb3a5.jpeg

12B438EC-201B-45E6-85B3-1E52E53726C3.thumb.jpeg.f77632bfa9ba66d9aecfb0d4b86d57d6.jpeg

D203C152-FE93-4B34-B8A3-BE27ACE56C3E.thumb.jpeg.0b31c609285785b49d39fc2a4f44ab29.jpeg

Tada! :)

• Like 10
42 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Looks like part of a signal tower off a railroad.

Nope.  It’s just a book shelf. 

..... I thought you were going to say something dirty. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been keeping up on Instagram, but congrats on the two year tankiversary! I have a similar situation with my 40g tank and the shelf overhead. It's just high enough that I never have to remove it for regular maintenance. But if I need to get my head over the back of the tank to look down into the back chambers, I just remove the shelf. I love having a bookshelf tank!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I've been keeping up on Instagram, but congrats on the two year tankiversary! I have a similar situation with my 40g tank and the shelf overhead. It's just high enough that I never have to remove it for regular maintenance. But if I need to get my head over the back of the tank to look down into the back chambers, I just remove the shelf. I love having a bookshelf tank!

Thank You! :)  

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
On 3/25/2018 at 7:02 PM, WV Reefer said:

Nope.  It’s just a book shelf. 

..... I thought you were going to say something dirty. :lol:

I was all outta dirty. :D

That gave me an idea about a piece of railroad stuff I saved. Those ends look just like ladder on the side of an old signal tower and I have 2 pieces of it. Weld up a frame out of the main part of the tower and use the ladders on the end.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Love the book choices! Spineless is incredible! 

I’ve been digital for years now but sometimes I can’t resist a big ole pretty book.  :blush:

• Like 2
StinkyBunny
19 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

A clam shot for the dirty wabbit:

I-CANT-FAP.jpg

3 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I’ve been digital for years now but sometimes I can’t resist a big ole pretty book.  :blush:

I have 4 shelves of aquarium and gun books, probably 200 different books from sharks to guppies.

3 hours ago, CarolinaShoreReef said:

Looking really good! Commenting so that I’m following! 

Where are yo at on the shore? We just bought property in Oriental.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
CarolinaShoreReef
15 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Where are yo at on the shore? We just bought property in Oriental

As far away from the shore as possible lol (~200mi). My name is a spin off of my YouTube channel (CarolinaShoreFishing). It just sounds good ??

• Haha 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm