Jump to content

Recommended Posts

spectra
Just now, WV Reefer said:

These have been there about a year or so now I think. I’ve seen a new crop of tiny ones patrolling at night. 

Wow a year and still aptasia growing...................

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Wow a year and still aptasia growing...................

They are always there somewhere. 

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
11 minutes ago, spectra said:

Wait the heater malfunction didnt take them out....................... hell there probably making babies now................

SHUT. UP. 
 

 

Those damn things are like herpes

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
8 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

These have been there about a year or so now I think. I’ve seen a new crop of tiny ones patrolling at night. 

It’s a roving gang of berghias 😂😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

SHUT. UP. 
 

 

Those damn things are like herpes

yep..................there always there and pop up at the most unusual time............

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

yep..................there always there and pop up at the most unusual time............

 

 

Mine are more like warts at the moment. Unsightly and spreading everywhere. Every time I try to nuke them it creates five more like the Hydra. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
7 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Mine are more like warts at the moment. Unsightly and spreading everywhere. Every time I try to nuke them it creates five more like the Hydra. 

After the berghia chewed on that one for a bit I was able to pick it right out with tweezers. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer

Awwwwww, little Lucy Lu doesn’t like being the only “child” now. Every time I check the camera she is waiting for me to come home. 
 

4BD5D22B-E9C3-4206-8FF4-95DDD6628711.thumb.png.69eb1aec9c966782100e9895cbf9a2d4.png

 

7F9CF37C-D08B-492B-998F-AA29BB4CCBFB.thumb.png.3351bf1fc046cf6c2dbd5d873a9ec7e9.png

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
StinkyBunny

Mooshie looks forward to alone time away from Mikey, he didn't like being an only child, but the youngin' is driving him crazy. He greets me like I just won a war and am bringing him a steak dinner.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
6 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Mooshie looks forward to alone time away from Mikey, he didn't like being an only child, but the youngin' is driving him crazy. He greets me like I just won a war and am bringing him a steak dinner.

I may start taking her to work so she can have a change of scene. She doesn’t run around the yard as much now that there is no one to play “follow the pisser” with her. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
StinkyBunny
13 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

After the berghia chewed on that one for a bit I was able to pick it right out with tweezers. 

I'd use a piece of airline to vacuum it out. Those bastards spray gametes like mad if stressed, then you have a forest of the damn things.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer

More eggs......

 

603F5D39-75D7-49FE-82DA-3FCCB077AE77.thumb.jpeg.6c0a2b7551ead236978a087b1fa06114.jpeg

  • Like 7
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
11 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

More eggs......

 

603F5D39-75D7-49FE-82DA-3FCCB077AE77.thumb.jpeg.6c0a2b7551ead236978a087b1fa06114.jpeg

Wow that’s a very intricate and specific pattern. Very neat

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Wow that’s a very intricate and specific pattern. Very neat

They always lay in tight spirals....... which is good because it makes them easy to identify. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
8 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

They always lay in tight spirals....... which is good because it makes them easy to identify. 

Berghias are so hard to find right now. Thankfully Dewey the ugly file fish is working at his job now and the aiptasias are slowly disappearing 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Jord

If Berghias eat all the Aiptasia, how do they survive long-term?

Share this post


Link to post
GraniteReefer
5 hours ago, Hexadron said:

If Berghias eat all the Aiptasia, how do they survive long-term?

They don’t!

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Jord
6 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

They don’t!

That's what I thought although not what I was hoping for :(

 

@WV Reefer you should create a "12g Long Tank Club" since not everyone uses tags. I'll hopefully get to join sometime soon!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
patback
12 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Wow that’s a very intricate and specific pattern. Very neat

Neat-o indeed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
1 hour ago, Hexadron said:

That's what I thought although not what I was hoping for 😞

 

@WV Reefer you should create a "12g Long Tank Club" since not everyone uses tags. I'll hopefully get to join sometime soon!

There was a Mr Aqua Long thread but it didn’t see much action. 
 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Hexadron

@WV Reefer I think you just may the the inspiration for my next project 🙂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
36 minutes ago, Hexadron said:

@WV Reefer I think you just may the the inspiration for my next project 🙂

Yay! 😄

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
On 6/17/2020 at 10:22 AM, WV Reefer said:

There was a Mr Aqua Long thread but it didn’t see much action. 
 

 

Are these tanks even around for sale anymore ? I know a friend has one and wanted another but couldnt order one...........he even works for a LFS..........

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
19 minutes ago, spectra said:

Are these tanks even around for sale anymore ? I know a friend has one and wanted another but couldnt order one...........he even works for a LFS..........

Mine was found used on Craigslist but last year I thought my tank might have a leak so I bought another from Bulk Reef Supply. Thankfully I didn’t need it but just in case they become in high demand I’ll hang onto the extra one and sell it for a profit. 😄

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

I just did a search and looks like they are very available including BRS

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...