Coral Vue Hydros

On 5/5/2017 at 3:23 PM, WV Reefer said:

Doesn't the clam know yawns are contagious? *yawns*

(Also, it's beautiful!) :wub:

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Doesn't the clam know yawns are contagious? *yawns*

(Also, it's beautiful!) :wub:

Thank you..... that clam is my favorite!  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Don't tell your wife. 

Tank is lookin good. 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I've always wanted a clam, but have never been in a position to get one.  Maybe someday...

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I've always wanted a clam, but have never been in a position to get one.  Maybe someday...

It was the one thing I knew I had to have. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Don't tell your wife. 

Tank is lookin good. 

She is the wife :o 

I thought we had this discussion in another thread :lol: 

• Like 4
Just now, spectra said:

She is the wife :o 

I thought we had this discussion in another thread :lol: 

You had me there for a second. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

It was the one thing I knew I had to have. 

How long have you had it in there ? Was at a local store this weekend and they had a nice 4" or bigger one I liked. Not sure what it was. I have a 5" squamosa or how ever you spell it.......

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

How long have you had it in there ? Was at a local store this weekend and they had a nice 4" or bigger one I liked. Not sure what it was. I have a 5" squamosa or how ever you spell it.......

I bought it in August.  

• Like 2
On 3/20/2017 at 9:10 PM, WV Reefer said:

Thank you so much!

I like to keep it low tech...... no filter, sump or skimmer. I do a weekly water change of 3 gallons and top off manually each day.   

Really nice tank.  How do you do water changes with the shelf so close to the top of the tank?

6 hours ago, Type-H20 said:

Really nice tank.  How do you do water changes with the shelf so close to the top of the tank?

Thank you .....There is just enough room to get in there and work but if I'm doing something major I can remove that shelf above.  

• Like 2

I am anxiously waiting to hear from my husband this morning....the RFA decided to go walk about on his dime last night and he was freaking out a little.  He does not want shit going sideways on his watch. lol 

• Like 4
Marc.The.Shark
On 5/16/2017 at 7:19 AM, WV Reefer said:

I am anxiously waiting to hear from my husband this morning....the RFA decided to go walk about on his dime last night and he was freaking out a little.  He does not want shit going sideways on his watch. lol 

I have two RFA's, one has stayed right where I initially put it, but the other has constantly moved all over the tank in the 6 months I've had it. By constantly, I mean a few times a week! Lol. I think maybe 2 weeks is the longest it's stayed put in one spot!

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Nice clam. I may have a clam in my future. 

Thank you. It is my favorite.  In the beginning I would get up and check on it at night because I was so nervous something would happen. 

15 minutes ago, Marc.The.Shark said:

I have two RFA's, one has stayed right where I initially put it, but the other has constantly moved all over the tank in the 6 months I've had it. By constantly, I mean a few times a week! Lol. I think maybe 2 weeks is the longest it's stayed put in one spot!

That would wreck my nerves!  This one never moved until pretty recently.  Now every so often it climbs up to the top and then back down again. 

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark
49 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

That would wreck my nerves!  This one never moved until pretty recently.  Now every so often it climbs up to the top and then back down again. 

I don't have powerheads in the display, so not much it can get into unless it climbs out of the tank. So its like "Where's Waldo?" Lol. My 2yr old gets a kick out of looking for it & the starfish. Ha. If i had wavemakers like you, then I would get a little nervous it'd get chewed up cause it's went up the glass a couple times too!

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Thank you. It is my favorite.  In the beginning I would get up and check on it at night because I was so nervous something would happen. 

Its so funny how we check our tanks like children.  I got a huge shipment yesterday for the contest tank and mantis tank.  I checked it before bed at 11 and then when I went to the bathroom at 3 and 6 when my son got up to go to the bathroom before finally waking up for the day today at 8. lol

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm