SaltCritters.com

2 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. How old was he, btw? I heard most inverts don't last past 2 years, and even that's a stretch. 😞 

50 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Oh no, I'm so sorry :tears:

I think I’ve had him about a year..... he lost his antennae’s in the molt and just never recovered.  

• Sad 2
42 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Yes, sometimes one bad molt seems to off them. 😞

Just now, skyscraper2290 said:

Sorry about your loss!

I’m just bummed because that shrimp was the only real “movement” in the tank. Nemo lays in the Paly Patch all day and Rico flutters past once in a while.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
5 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Sorry the guy has passed. Of course your tank is still awesome. I would probably want to get another shrimp. Maybe try a different type. 

Thanks. 🙂  I probably will. I’m going to finish the re-scape and then will find something else to put in there. 

10 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Thanks. 🙂  I probably will. I’m going to finish the re-scape and then will find something else to put in there. 

How is the rescape coming alone? 

Sorry about CS. Some things are out of our control. I am sure that you’ll find something nice as a replacement. If you go for another CS again, you can try finding a really tinny one (3/4”-1”). It should be fine since you don’t really have any of their predators in your tank. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

I glued the Frogspawn to a plug........that’s about it. 😂

In that case I am in the process of rescaping as well. Just reglued frag that fell off the rock. 😉

Easy does it I guess.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Ooooh, the private tanks! 😊

The 2 I have came in from Sri Lanka 3 years ago and they were laying on their sides so they got tossed in my tanks to see if they'd live and they did. I look through boxes when I get them, I usually take the smaller pieces or the stuff that doesn't look good enough to turn around and ship right back out. The one in the new 80 drives the Sailfin tank bonkers trying to clean him. Crackers, M's Cleaner wrasse did the same thing when we got him. Now that the zoanthids are healed up, I'll be fragging them and shipping them out in a week.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Ahh, no I am so sorry to hear about Pepper.  I am sure Pepper will be greatly missed!

She was found in a ditch along the side of the road and then she had a great life. 🙂

• Like 9
3 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

B91E44DA-F8A3-47EC-85BC-1965310F4A86.thumb.png.3526d0906e6dcf5674b76e5c06a4737d.png

Pepper

2000-2018

Ah.. that sucks. Sorry to see this😥

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Weikel said:

Ah.. that sucks. Sorry to see this😥

She was a tough old girl..... fought it off for three years. 

12 minutes ago, slowngreen said:

Very sorry for your loss. Hope Pepper is taking long cat naps in heaven now. 

Thank you for the thoughts. She’s probably scarfing down some food somewhere........ or puking..... or both. 🙂

• Like 3

sorry to hear.............but now have to ask did you have her stuffed :whoa:

I always told Mrs Crossfit I would have our bulldog stuffed as he was a leg hound :lol:

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, spectra said:

sorry to hear.............but now have to ask did you have her stuffed :whoa:

I always told Mrs Crossfit I would have our bulldog stuffed as he was a leg hound :lol:

Cats are creepy stuffed..... they never quite look right.  

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm