Coral Vue Hydros

2 minutes ago, the camaro show said:

How do you like the cup coral? 

I like it a lot.  I’m pleased that it has maintained the “cup” shape.

• Like 4
StinkyBunny
17 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I like it a lot.  I’m pleased that it has maintained the “cup” shape.

They do keep they're shape, I love them. They ship well too, even large, 6" colonies ship well. This new Tonga shipper has some REALLY nice ones about 3" or so. I need to go shoot some pics this weekend, they've recovered from shipping and have colored back up.

• Like 2

Reef is somewhat under construction on the right where the two birdsnest Corals were removed......It looks sort of sad there right now but working on moving a few things around. 

The water change schedule adjustments are still working out. There is basically no algae to be found...... just a few Aiptasia.  

• Like 7
StinkyBunny

That white sponge, I call it a Candelabra sponge, will grow right to the surface of your tank. Here's a piece that grew out of some wild Indo live rock.

MtAL2MP.jpg

• Like 5
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

That white sponge, I call it a Candelabra sponge, will grow right to the surface of your tank. Here's a piece that grew out of some wild Indo live rock.

MtAL2MP.jpg

i hope so..... i have a few others that have showed up recently.......that would look cool. 

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

You got to love sponges. Good indicator of a healthy tank. 

they are so cool............ there is a bright pink one in my big tank but i can never quite get a decent picture of it.

• Like 3
A Little Blue
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

they are so cool............ there is a bright pink one in my big tank but i can never quite get a decent picture of it.

Are they all cryptic? I picked up two at RAP and placed them under return nuzzles, so they get some shade. They seem to be doing OK but I am not sure if that was a good move. What you think? 

You gotta try to take that pic. I have one pink (sort of) sponge but just like yours, it doesn’t like the spotlight. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Are they all cryptic? I picked up two at RAP and placed them under return nuzzles, so they get some shade. They seem to be doing OK but I am not sure if that was a good move. What you think? 

You gotta try to take that pic. I have one pink (sort of) sponge but just like yours, it doesn’t like the spotlight. 

Well, the white tube sponges and the yellow Sponge are the only ones that have grown out in the open like that..... most of my others are quite hidden. 

Recently I bought some photosynthetic sponges for the big tank: blue and red. The blue is doing well but I’m not sure the red will make it.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Over here looking at 12 gallon long tanks. I have issues I’m telling you. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Do it!!! 😄

i’m an enabler of your disease. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm