Top Shelf Aquatics

2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Eighty-seven likes later, I'm finally caught up from January. :rolleyes::lol: Sorry about the Hulk, and Baby Groot and the pom pom are so cute!

😁

StinkyBunny
16 hours ago, Sancho said:

I’m still confused as to what the smelly rabbit does....

I have a diverse portfolio. We had a shop back in the 90s and I made a lot of contacts. When we got back into fish tanks I was shocked at how the prices increased so I got with my old contacts and ordered a few boxes. We kept what we wanted, sold off the rest. People started wanting more and more so we started ordering more and more. I shopped the boxes before I sold anything. A guy a grew up with lives in the south Pacific and I get goodies from him every 6-8 weeks. He'll send me an email and a list with pics and I usually take all he has. What I REALLY need is someone stationed on Okinawa and Ascension Island to get Japanese goodies and Resplendent angels.

• Like 6

The reef make over has begun!

I removed both of the large Birdsnest Corals on the top of the reef. They both came free really easy........almost too easy. They have been relocated in the 75 Gallon. 

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, seabass said:

Wow that sponge is getting impressive.

The pics do not do it justice....it is so intricate and delicate.

It also adds a pop of unexpected color. 

• Like 3
StinkyBunny

I need to look in the rock tank and see if there's any of that candelabra sponge in there. I know I fed a bunch to Ellie and Edna the angels, dunno if there's any left. It's cool to see stuff just pop up out of no where when you use a good wild live rock. The unfortunate thing now is Indo has shut down and so has Fiji. I can get it from another place, but it's prohibitively expensive due to air freight going up with the rising prices.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I need to look in the rock tank and see if there's any of that candelabra sponge in there. I know I fed a bunch to Ellie and Edna the angels, dunno if there's any left. It's cool to see stuff just pop up out of no where when you use a good wild live rock. The unfortunate thing now is Indo has shut down and so has Fiji. I can get it from another place, but it's prohibitively expensive due to air freight going up with the rising prices.

I can’t keep sponges that I buy but I can grow them out of nowhere. ??‍♀️

• Like 3
On 5/20/2018 at 7:32 PM, WV Reefer said:

I removed both of the large Birdsnest Corals on the top of the reef. They both came free really easy........almost too easy. They have been relocated in the 75 Gallon. 

I think your monti cap is attempting to imitate a cabana roof. :lol:

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, spectra said:

My cowries never leave the rocks.......I have 2 and love them but they always stay in a certain area.

When mine is out it’s everywhere. 🙂

• Like 1

My powerheads are a breeding ground for Limpets. I hate cleaning them because I always find some that I’ve missed. 

Here’s a couple meeting up to get it on:

76FDBFFF-0C35-4BD2-891B-C0143AA85983.thumb.jpeg.be7d1a425db155f0ebc37266a1082431.jpeg

😄

Here’s one headed their way:

2A1CF09F-6EEC-4A1E-B719-96DD4E6DC49F.thumb.jpeg.d7a136d7e2df4ad9b0c656bbab3ef563.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

In for the limpet gang bang!! :naughtydance:

I wonder why they chose the powerheads? Good vibrations? 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
StinkyBunny

Everybody loves good vibrations. Giggity. You doing OK out that way? Looks like there's flooding everywhere in the area. My settlement ponds actually overflowed today.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Everybody loves good vibrations. Giggity. You doing OK out that way? Looks like there's flooding everywhere in the area. My settlement ponds actually overflowed today.

We are good.... been hot as a mo fo tho

46 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

34 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Cause both you all live in satans armpit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/20/2018 at 7:32 PM, WV Reefer said:

Tank still looking great!  That monti is amazing.

I have  a few sps frags that also come off at the slightest and I mean slightest tap when I'm doing maintenance.  They've each been super glued back in place at least twice and I've only had them for ~3 weeks.  I almost expect the wavemaker to knock them loose (never happened though).

• Like 2
StinkyBunny
10 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Yea, it was toasty here today, then we got 6" of rain in a little over 2 hours, shit got real, real fast.

• Wow 1
10 hours ago, Type-H20 said:

Tank still looking great!  That monti is amazing.

I have  a few sps frags that also come off at the slightest and I mean slightest tap when I'm doing maintenance.  They've each been super glued back in place at least twice and I've only had them for ~3 weeks.  I almost expect the wavemaker to knock them loose (never happened though).

Thanks. 🙂 I think the Monti and the sponge may take over the world. lol. 

51 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yea, it was toasty here today, then we got 6" of rain in a little over 2 hours, shit got real, real fast.

Yeah I saw the flash floods on the news...... crazy shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm