SaltCritters.com

Looking good but you need to clean the sand a little........my ocd side doesn't like that algae growing there..........:lol:

• Haha 3
StinkyBunny
18 hours ago, spectra said:

Looking good but you need to clean the sand a little........my ocd side doesn't like that algae growing there..........:lol:

cantsee.jpg

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Here is a clean sand shot from after the water change yesterday just for you, @spectra 🙂

29D77B72-8396-4540-B8FF-F6B953C6828C.thumb.jpeg.c04a8aff85819b632d8e9c8e2461ea3c.jpeg

now you can rest easy. 😄

Looks much better ;) the sand is a little uneven in the center though :P 

• Haha 1
WV Reefer
24 minutes ago, spectra said:

Looks much better ;) the sand is a little uneven in the center though :P 

🖕😁

• Haha 1
StinkyBunny

Nice job with the tank. I found a new supplier in The Philippines to get all the little gobies and blennies from. I'm in 7th heaven right now. 33 different species.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Nice job with the tank. I found a new supplier in The Philippines to get all the little gobies and blennies from. I'm in 7th heaven right now. 33 different species.

Thanks. ☺️

Thats awesome. How long do you hold on to them? Or do they pretty much go out as soon as they come in?

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

It depends on the person as to how soon they're shipped out. If you're set up to QT, I can re ox and rebox and ship out the same day. Most of the time I hold them for 1-2 weeks. If anything's going to break disease wise with them it'll happen within 5 days. The main thing with new arrivals, especially Anthias, firefish, angels and chromis is to get food in them ASAP. They need to eat smaller meals more frequently.

• Like 1

Time for an update: 🙂

The tiny Clam finally made it to a spot it liked, attached itself and then died not long after.  I knew buying such a small one was sketchy but it was so cute. ☹️ Nemo didn’t help things either considering that is his side of the reef. 

Also I have Coral Wars all over the reef with some surprising losers.

—There was a three-way war with two types of Birdsnest Corals fighting a Montipora Digitata and the Digitata is taking a beating. 

—A four-way war is unfolding between the Favia, Blue Leptastrea, Cup Coral and Montipora Capricornis. They are all touching with no actual wounds yet. 

I really feel that I am at “peak reef” and some rescaping is in order to remove some things and reconfigure some things. That damn Montipora is going to take over the world if I don’t do something soon. 

Stay Tuned. ✌

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, bluecard said:

Looks so good. Hard to believe it is only 12 gallons. 

Thank you. 😊 

The size will mess with your mind. 😁

StinkyBunny

That Leptastrea WILL win that battle. The most aggressive coral that I've seen if Physogyra, M had one eat a $200 Acan colony in her old 60 cube. Ate it in 2 days, we didn't see it, it was on the back side of the tank. Now everyone's out front where I can give them the hairy eyeball daily.

Edit:

Tonga and The Solomons are available this week, gonna push this new shipper out of The Philippines off a week and give him time to collect what I want. He seems to be willing to get what I'm after. M wants a pair of Blue Face triggers for her tank.

2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

That Leptastrea WILL win that battle. The most aggressive coral that I've seen if Physogyra, M had one eat a $200 Acan colony in her old 60 cube. Ate it in 2 days, we didn't see it, it was on the back side of the tank. Now everyone's out front where I can give them the hairy eyeball daily.

Edit:

Tonga and The Solomons are available this week, gonna push this new shipper out of The Philippines off a week and give him time to collect what I want. He seems to be willing to get what I'm after. M wants a pair of Blue Face triggers for her tank.

The Favia messed up the Leptastrea the first time around and it’s been on the run ever since......but it’s been getting bigger so maybe it will make a stand this time. 

Triggers are so pretty and weird. 

Doing what you do is awesome.........being able to have all the fish without having all the fish. 😆

did that make sense? lol. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Really lovely tank you got there.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Thank You. ☺️

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Doing what you do is awesome.........being able to have all the fish without having all the fish. 😆

did that make sense? lol. 

I’m still confused as to what the smelly rabbit does....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Sancho said:

I’m still confused as to what the smelly rabbit does....

He gets the fishes and then he gets rid of the fishes. 

Also, he is a secret agent that will kill your ass........ or tie you up somewhere and do bad stuff. (Maybe in a good way) 

I’m not sure which. Maybe both. 🤫

• Haha 4

Eighty-seven likes later, I'm finally caught up from January. :rolleyes::lol: Sorry about the Hulk, and Baby Groot and the pom pom are so cute!

• Like 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm