Top Shelf Aquatics

12 hours ago, spectra said:

Now I have raisins stuck in my head :wacko:

You must be looking in the mirror then. All my bits are still in good shape, disconnected, but still working quite well. ;)

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, Christopher Marks said:

You always have the best detail shots! They'd make for a neat photo book some day :happy: 

Maybe she can get every tank inhabitant pooping and make a book of it :o 

Have to give Christy crap ;) pics do look good though !

• Haha 5
53 minutes ago, spectra said:

Maybe she can get every tank inhabitant pooping and make a book of it :o 

Have to give Christy crap ;) pics do look good though !

Now I have book titles running through my head.  :lol:

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Now I have book titles running through my head.  :lol:

If I remember right there was a poop book when my son was little :lol: 

You never know it could work :lol: 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, spectra said:

If I remember right there was a poop book when my son was little :lol: 

I believe you are thinking of, “Everyone Poops”. :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I believe you are thinking of, “Everyone Poops”. :)  

Not sure I am old :lol: yeah everyone poops but...................

9 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Is that clown pooping :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I really like this journal, it makes me want to setup a saltwater aquarium. I like the simplicity of it. Looking at some setups they look nice, but all the pipes, refugium, sump, filter, skimmer talk is intimidating. Are there any drawbacks to a simple setup like this?

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, bluecard said:

I really like this journal, it makes me want to setup a saltwater aquarium. I like the simplicity of it. Looking at some setups they look nice, but all the pipes, refugium, sump, filter, skimmer talk is intimidating. Are there any drawbacks to a simple setup like this?

Thank you. :)  

i think you have to take it for what it is.  My tank will never look pristine like some tanks and I’m ok with that. My coral will never grow as fast and Im ok with that too. 

Mostly you have to be on top of maintenance.....  I am religious with water changes.  I think you have to take time to “know” the tank and how every little thing affects it.  Once you do that you can recognize problems just by how things look and knowing the tanks patterns. 

Easy peasy. :) 

You don’t need fancy stuff.  Many reefers on here prove that everyday. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Quit bragging. :rolleyes:

I should have done one over vacation..........but was lazy.

Hell was thinking last night I need to check parameters............its been a while.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Thank you. :)  

i think you have to take it for what it is.  My tank will never look pristine like some tanks and I’m ok with that. My coral will never grow as fast and Im ok with that too. 

Mostly you have to be on top of maintenance.....  I am religious with water changes.  I think you have to take time to “know” the tank and how every little thing affects it.  Once you do that you can recognize problems just by how things look and knowing the tanks patterns. 

Easy peasy. :) 

You don’t need fancy stuff.  Many reefers on here prove that everyday. 

Your tank looks great. Seems like you haven't had any major issues either. Well I guess its time to go shopping. 

• Like 1
On 1/1/2018 at 1:16 PM, bluecard said:

Your tank looks great. Seems like you haven't had any major issues either. Well I guess its time to go shopping. 

Look around you locally and here on the forum to find some deals. There's always someone getting out of the hobby and you can generally pick stuff up quite a bit cheaper than retail. I'm the cheapest SOB you'll ever find so look on Craigslist and on Facebook's marketplace for deals.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Look around you locally and here on the forum to find some deals. There's always someone getting out of the hobby and you can generally pick stuff up quite a bit cheaper than retail. I'm the cheapest SOB you'll ever find so look on Craigslist and on Facebook's marketplace for deals.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks. I keep watching. Lots of big tanks, but I am looking to start with something smaller. I guess no Rico or Hulk today, maybe tomorrow.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bluecard said:

Thanks. I keep watching. Lots of big tanks, but I am looking to start with something smaller. I guess no Rico or Hulk today, maybe tomorrow.

Ask and you shall receive:

• Like 9
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm