SaltCritters.com

Nice to see the montis recovering! I've found that they tend to grow back with much more interesting shapes after they are damaged, so it's all good :D

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Nice to see the montis recovering! I've found that they tend to grow back with much more interesting shapes after they are damaged, so it's all good :D

That piece is the come back kid! It almostly completely died off in the early days of the reef and it keeps coming back. :)  

• Like 3

Montiporas are the Lazarus corals, just when you think they're down and out they make a comeback. Same with this little green Montipora hitchhiker coral that came in from Fiji. It's my water barometer.

• Like 3

Same here. My green monti is the water barometer. If it isn't doing well, something is seriously wrong.

When I trim the montis back in the 10g tank, the trimmings come off in tiny little chunks less than 1/4" long. I throw the bigger ones in the 30g frag tank and let them blow around. Most of them are growing now :)

• Like 3
14 hours ago, reeferx2 said:

So let me get this straight? You're running no filtration at all, only 30% water changes weekly? Gorgeous tank! 

Thank you. :)

no filter, no skimmer, no dosing.....30% change every Sunday. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, reeferx2 said:

So let me get this straight? You're running no filtration at all, only 30% water changes weekly? Gorgeous tank! 

no filter, no skimmer, no dosing.....30% change every Sunday. 

• Wow 1

No filtration, skimming, or dosing and your tank looks this good on only weekly water changes? What are you, some sort of wizard? Should we be concerned? Are broomsticks going to start multiplying?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

No filtration, skimming, or dosing and your tank looks this good on only weekly water changes? What are you, some sort of wizard? Should we be concerned? Are broomsticks going to start multiplying?

I am a Reef Witch! 

Double, double toil and trouble,

Fire Worms and Algae Bubbles....

:lol:

• Haha 4
27 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

What goes in, must go out. What get's used, must get replenished. 

This is a perfect example of K.I.S.S. 

Looking good!

2 minutes ago, reeferx2 said:

God like I want to attempt this, but I'm scared and I only have 5.5 gallons lol

Do it! :happydance:

3 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

How do you know I'm not already nudi? I might be typing this nudi. ;)

Now I have raisins stuck in my head :wacko: 

3 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

We can only hope. fingerscrossed

You are a glutton for punishment :lol:

• Haha 4
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm