Innovative Marine Aquariums

4 hours ago, gena said:

Those white ones are my favorite.  Won't have one because of the mobility issue with them.  They can be so frustrating LOL.

The white stripey ones are my favorite too but this thing is tryin' my last nerve. lol

4 hours ago, seabass said:

Good deal.  I'm betting it will stay put.

Here's hoping! fingerscrossed

• Like 2

Looks good! I love that night time shot, I can tell it really glows.

On 9/4/2017 at 1:36 PM, gena said:

Those white ones are my favorite.  Won't have one because of the mobility issue with them.  They can be so frustrating LOL.

@gena, I'd never heard that the white ones move more than the others! But come to think of it, my RFA from Hell was a green fringe with a white center. Maybe I'll try again some day with one that's NOT WHITE.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Looks good! I love that night time shot, I can tell it really glows.

@gena, I'd never heard that the white ones move more than the others! But come to think of it, my RFA from Hell was a green fringe with a white center. Maybe I'll try again some day with one that's NOT WHITE.

I think they probably all move equally.  It would be great if we knew one color was more prone to it, wouldn't it?  I've never had one not move on me.  Little Pitas :rolleyes:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

:wub: 

On 9/4/2017 at 1:36 PM, gena said:

Bastads I hate em! 

6 minutes ago, gena said:

I think they probably all move equally.  It would be great if we knew one color was more prone to it, wouldn't it?  I've never had one not move on me.  Little Pitas :rolleyes:.

Definitely PITA's! You tried to tell me but NO I went and spent about 900 and learned the hard way FML :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

:wub: 

Bastads I hate em! 

Definitely PITA's! You tried to tell me but NO I went and spent about 900 and learned the hard way FML :P 

Yeah, they are the worst LOL.  You have to have a dedicated tank for them or face the frustration.

• Like 3

Funny, I just don't get much movement from them.  Sure they may be dissatisfied at first, but I find they settle in pretty well.  You just can't have a lot of corals in your tank until they find their spot.  They seem to like an indentation that can protect their foot.

I've also mostly kept them in lower flow tanks.  I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.  However, I've had some not move from the location that I picked out for them.

• Like 3
On 8/26/2017 at 10:34 AM, WV Reefer said:

I always said, "I hope I never have to catch her!"  That fish was soooo fast and that's why I loved her.....she owned the reef, Nemo just lived in her world.  She harassed everyone and the funniest part was when she hung out with Nemo she would imitate the way he swims.  

I love it!!

Did you ever have problems with her picking on Reefy stuff?

I know some Pygmy Angels can be a problem with that, but I'd like to have some sort of Pygmy in my Macro Dominated 40B.

• Like 1
On 9/4/2017 at 0:54 PM, WV Reefer said:

VICTORY!!!!

I won the war of the reef and liberated the poor Montipora.  

The White B*tch is on the sand until I decide her fate. 

IMG_2874.thumb.JPG.b4bb586d961859e76536626ebe573870.JPGIMG_2875.thumb.JPG.04cf635966f6cdc50f25c0e81a6f73bd.JPG

Hooray!!!

On 9/5/2017 at 2:32 PM, WV Reefer said:

This is a great FTS, one of my favorites that you've posted.

Was nice to finally catch up on this thread!!

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I love it!!

I know some Pygmy Angels can be a problem with that, but I'd like to have some sort of Pygmy in my Macro Dominated 40B.

She liked to pick at everything but never really bothered anything important.......It was more of a show of her reef dominance.  She would zoom right up on Nemo and pick at something right beside him like "oh hey, don't mind me, I'm just eating right beside your face". lol

37 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

This is a great FTS, one of my favorites that you've posted.

Thanks Weetie! :blush:

On 9/8/2017 at 7:19 AM, Weetabix7 said:

I love it!!

There are damn few pygmy angels I'd trust in a reef tank to a degree. The Cherub complex is one, Cherubs, African Flameback, Fireball or Resplendent are those. The other would be a Filipino Coral Beauty, those are ones I haven't had an issue with.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

There are damn few pygmy angels I'd trust in a reef tank to a degree. The Cherub complex is one, Cherubs, African Flameback, Fireball or Resplendent are those. The other would be a Filipino Coral Beauty, those are ones I haven't had an issue with.

I am thinking of getting a cherub for my 75. I just love them.  I love the yellow ones but I hear they are the worst behaved. 

Yellow or Yellow tailed? Those Yellow tailed ones out of Sri Lanka are pretty good. I want to go to Ascension Island to collect a group of Resplendents for a breeding colony.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yellow or Yellow tailed? Those Yellow tailed ones out of Sri Lanka are pretty good. I want to go to Ascension Island to collect a group of Resplendents for a breeding colony.

The Lemon Peel was the one I was talking about...... the yellow tail is pretty awesome too.  

7 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Well, I have a much larger margin for error cause I'd put it in my Macro tank, which only has one Favia frag and one Leather frag, plus 2 RBTA's, everything else is Macro. What pygmy angels do you think would be okay in there? Dangit, shoulda posted this on my own tank thread, sorry Christy. :blush:

I've never even heard of Fireball or Resplendent angels.

• Like 1

Sorry your RFA is giving you such a hard time. Has it stayed put? 

I'm sure there are plenty of N-R members that would love to adopt her if you need to evict her permanently - me included ;) 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

Sorry your RFA is giving you such a hard time. Has it stayed put? 

I'm sure there are plenty of N-R members that would love to adopt her if you need to evict her permanently - me included ;) 

For now she has settled down.  Crazy b*tch. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 9/12/2017 at 11:01 AM, WV Reefer said:

Crazy b*tch. :rolleyes:

You must know my ex.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:18 PM, gogeta said:

Do you have a full pic of your clam??:D

I'm down for some clam pics, WOOHOO!!! omgomgomg

On 9/12/2017 at 8:40 PM, WV Reefer said:

just for you ;) 

So disappoint. :D

• Haha 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm