Coral Vue Hydros

thespinningsadhu

So I discovered today that I'm shit at painting fish. But here you go anyway. I have a deal with myself - if I start the piece intending to share it then I must share it - no matter what. 

IMG_4298

• Like 10
  • Wow 2
2 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

So I discovered today that I'm shit at painting fish. But here you go anyway. I have a deal with myself - if I start the piece intending to share it then I must share it - no matter what. 

IMG_4298

Oh my god I love it!  That is so cool! :wub:

1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

He made one of my PSW that UPS killed!

It's gorgeous! :wub:

Now we will both have some art inspired by our tanks!  

He is so talented. I love them both!

• Like 1

This is the second fish art I've seen.  They are fantastic!  You should make note cards out of them.  Or greeting cards.  Sell a set of them.  I'd buy them :wub:.  Nice work!

• Like 5
fishfreak0114
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:47 PM, thespinningsadhu said:

IMG_4298

It's so pretty! :wub:  I like the top down point of view, it makes me think of koi.

• Like 2

hey Christy, do you have the ability to take a close up panorama FTS?

I'm really curious to get a 'feel' for it and where your livestock is placed.  :) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Friendly said:

hey Christy, do you have the ability to take a close up panorama FTS?

I'm really curious to get a 'feel' for it and where your livestock is placed.  :) 

I'll put up a new one this weekend. :) I have a mushroom hospital set up in there right now and I have everything moved around.   

20 minutes ago, yungKitten said:

#savemonti

Yes!  That monti was just starting to turn into Cinderella and they are f*cking it up. **stomps foot**

• Like 2

I gave up on rfa's in my tank after mine went on a walk of mass destruction, randomly stinging almost every single coral in the tank. I sent it to FlowerMama and it has never moved in her tank. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
28 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

do RFAs 'prefer' to be on or near the sandbed?  

They like to attach to something hard like a rock, tank wall, or even the tank bottom (through the sand bed).  Sometimes they will stay close to the substrate, and other times they seem to prefer being up on a rock.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Friendly said:

is there any way to tie them down, so they're 'forced' to become stationary...where you want them to be? :rolleyes: 

Not really. They have a foot that they attach to the rock or tank bottom. If they don't like where they because of too much light, too little light, too much flow, too little flow, too narrow a crevice for the foot, too big a crevice for the foot, too much food, too little food, etc., etc., then they either walk around on the foot like a really slow snail, or they just let go and literally go with the flow.

Some people have tanks that anemones love and they seem to be happy wherever they're put. Other people (like me) have tanks where they aren't happy no matter where they go.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I gave up on rfa's in my tank after mine went on a walk of mass destruction, randomly stinging almost every single coral in the tank. I sent it to FlowerMama and it has never moved in her tank. 

This one is on my nerves. :rant: If it let's go again I may scoop it up and sell it...... but of course now that it's stinging my prized monti it seems happy as can be.  

9 hours ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

do RFAs 'prefer' to be on or near the sandbed?  

is it light and flow dependent?

or is it really just luck of the drawn?

Mine lived in the sand for like 9 months...... then one day it decided to go walk about and has been in the rocks ever since.  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Now thats a face anyone could love!

He is in all my pics lately. After he started hanging out in the Goni, he loves to pose......Before I couldn't get a decent pic of him. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

He is in all my pics lately. After he started hanging out in the Goni, he loves to pose......Before I couldn't get a decent pic of him. 

My clowns seem to have an uncanny knack for knowing when the camera is out.  When I am trying to take a FTS they will stop and turn to the front of the tank and look directly at me. If I am trying to take a pic of a coral, they will with out fail photo bomb by swimming into the field and blocking the shot. I assume this is just a feeding response but I like to think they are doing it on purpose!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, TheBig053 said:

My clowns seem to have an uncanny knack for knowing when the camera is out.  When I am trying to take a FTS they will stop and turn to the front of the tank and look directly at me. If I am trying to take a pic of a coral, they will with out fail photo bomb by swimming into the field and blocking the shot. I assume this is just a feeding response but I like to think they are doing it on purpose!

That is the way my dwarf angel behaved...... in my early pics she is almost always somewhere in the shot.   I miss her.  I might have to get one for the big tank when it's ready. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

This one is on my nerves. :rant: If it let's go again I may scoop it up and sell it...... but of course now that it's stinging my prized monti it seems happy as can be.  

Mine lived in the sand for like 9 months...... then one day it decided to go walk about and has been in the rocks ever since.  

Always have a small piece of rock handy just for this situation. Plop it down next to the anemone so you can move its tentacles away from whatever it's stinging.

7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

That is the way my dwarf angel behaved...... in my early pics she is almost always somewhere in the shot.   I miss her.  I might have to get one for the big tank when it's ready. 

Which dwarf angel?

• WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm