SaltCritters.com

1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

I always love your photo captions! :lol: 

Beautiful photos as always! That poor goniopora... has the clownfish settled on that one only?

Thanks. :D   

He's been experimenting with everything on that end of the tank but seems to like it best.

He never expressed interest in anything before so it was funny to see him start rubbing around on everything. lol

1 hour ago, MockandRoll said:

Great pics! How long does it take Buffalo Bill to kill all the snails. 

Well, it depends on how much time alone he can find with his victims. Luckily he is too small to do much harm...... they can usually run away after sliming him up real good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
58 minutes ago, TinyOcean said:

Hey Christy! Do you still have favia in there? How's it doing? I'm thinking of get two chunks for my tank with 6" between them.

The Favia is the meanest thing in my tank.  I would be sure to give them plenty of space.  Mine stung my Leptastrea, Montipora Capricornis and my RFA that is camped out next to it. ...... I've seen it with 6" sweepers.  

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
8 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yea, Favias are real bastards.

And favites are just as bad. My Evil Favites go in a special back corner of the tank where they can be pretty and murderous all by themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This is when they were in my 4g tank, reaching out a good three inches to destroy my yellow scroll coral. Definitely not a good choice for a pico :unsure:

Evil Favites Eating the Yellow Scroll Coral

But they're so pretty :wub:

Evil Favites

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

This is when they were in my 4g tank, reaching out a good three inches to destroy my yellow scroll coral. Definitely not a good choice for a pico :unsure:

Evil Favites Eating the Yellow Scroll Coral

But they're so pretty :wub:

Evil Favites

To quote the smelly rabbit.........BULLOCKS. Pure evil wrapped in a sexy package. Favia and Favites can suck it 

• Haha 6
4 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I don't know about you, but I find "Pure evil wrapped in a sexy package" to be quite attractive :lol:

That is until she gets you locked up....................Oh wait we're talking about corals :lol: Nevermind

• Haha 8

They are so pretty! Plus my lfs seems to get more of those in than Acans and so far some of the things I've tried have become puffer snacks. What the heck lol I'm going to do it and see what happens. Not like I haven't already lost over $100 worth of coral to Norbert.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, TinyOcean said:

They are so pretty! Plus my lfs seems to get more of those in than Acans and so far some of the things I've tried have become puffer snacks. What the heck lol I'm going to do it and see what happens. Not like I haven't already lost over $100 worth of coral to Norbert.

You could always start with one and see how it reacts and go from there....... 

Mine has turned out to be one of my nicest looking corals. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

You could always start with one and see how it reacts and go from there....... 

Mine has turned out to be one of my nicest looking corals. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1
On 8/15/2017 at 8:06 AM, TinyOcean said:

We LOVE the dwarf puffers, but that little SOB ate a damn Condylactus anemone, all but the tentacles!! WTF?!?!?! Teeny, keep an eye on that one in your tank. Maybe it's species specific, but Canthigaster janthinoptera is NOT REEF SAFE.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
3 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

We LOVE the dwarf puffers, but that little SOB ate a damn Condylactus anemone, all but the tentacles!! WTF?!?!?! Teeny, keep an eye on that one in your tank. Maybe it's species specific, but Canthigaster janthinoptera is NOT REEF SAFE.

Lol I think Teeny is safe with his Doug. I'm sure there would have been  damage already if he wasn't. I love mine but lessons learned about not putting certain corals in.

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm