SaltCritters.com

The RFA made it to the top of the reef and has stayed put for a few days. .....Hopefully it just needed a better view. 

Here's more mushroom pics:

and one of Rico sand napping:

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

That's good the RFA finished its walkabout! Sounds like it didn't collide with anything else along the way?

Just some "light brushing" as it crawled along.  It is stretching out close to the Orange Cap Montipora  so we'll see what happens.  I was just surprised it took off after being in the same spot for so long. Hopefully it stays up there!

1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

I like the FAvia in the RFA pic. 

That thing was slow to take off but it is growing faster now.  It puts out some mean sweepers at night. The little Leptastrea above it has been catching most of the wrath.  

• Like 3

I spoke too soon..... The anemone snuggled up in between my Orange Cap Monti and an Aussie Acro so I had to go in on a recovery mission.......Gently removed the anemone and put him in a bowl for now.  

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Uh oh!!

I have successfully used these to isolate corals 'n stuff in an aquarium: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ITRJG3S/ref=pd_luc_rh_bxgy_01_01_t_ttl_lh?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I never would have thought of those and I have a few with air plants in them!

it seems to have relaxed in the bowl for now.  It just caught me off guard after staying in the back for so long...... I would squirt it some food and forget about it.

It looks great and is eating so hopefully it just needed to stretch its legs. 

• Like 2

Here's a pic of Nemo....(yes, I named him Nemo) ....He is quite elusive in photos and sadly this is probably the best one I have of him.  

• Like 6
1 minute ago, vlangel said:

Thats a great photo!

Thanks!  He's so hard to capture in a photo.  Usually I have a ton of shots of him swimming away from me. ?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

:lol: not at all. 

It was a very slow escape. 

Most leisurely prison break ever......... 

doop de doop de doop, ohai, don't mind me moseying over this lovely wall.....

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

That shot is hilarious. Caught with one foot out the window :lol: 

My dad caught me trying that once.....

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

That shot is hilarious. Caught with one foot out the window :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

My dad caught me trying that once.....

I was trying to work but now I wish I had set up my camera to capture the entire slow-mo escape.  

• Like 2

It seems they like to wedge themselves into something that feels like a crevasse. I had mine move and move until it settled in between a rock and a wall. :mellow:

20 minutes ago, J-Ranko said:

It seems they like to wedge themselves into something that feels like a crevasse. I had mine move and move until it settled in between a rock and a wall. :mellow:

This one had picked a spot clear in the back for 9 months and then moved to the same spot but on the opposite end of the tank..... only after crawling all over everything on the way of course.  So weird. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm