inTank Media Baskets

Still have a few hydroids here and there.  Nothing major.  

This is the best pic of them yet.  I just pull them off by the stems when they get close to anything.  IMG_1342.thumb.JPG.34184510d5b416633dca02aeff6cc8a3.JPG

This is a limpet on a bivalve on a Frogspawn.  

IMG_1343.thumb.PNG.9d68a592bd7eae934bce645a381192c9.PNG

• Like 6
6 hours ago, frahny said:

Damn clown looks the size of a perch in that pic, how big is he actually?

Inch and a half..... maybe.  :)

I really don't spend much time in this forum, but I was looking around and noticed your journal.  I really should try to visit the Aquarium Journals forum more often.  I'll try to catch up on your thread when I get the time.  btw, your pics are stunning.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, seabass said:

I really don't spend much time in this forum, but I was looking around and noticed your journal.  I really should try to visit the Aquarium Journals forum more often.  I'll try to catch up on your thread when I get the time.  btw, your pics are stunning.

Thank you. :)

StinkyBunny
On 6/17/2017 at 11:25 AM, WV Reefer said:

Today I was testing the tub of water that my rocks are soaking in for my 75 gallon tank and I decided to test my 12 long too....... I never test on this tank unless something looks or feels off and even then I only test the basics: ammonia, nitrate and nitrite. I have only tested calcium and alk once. Never tested for phosphates or magnesium.  

The phosphates in this tank are 0.12. :lol: 

I've been so concerned about the rock for the big tank!  Guess I need to relax.  :rolleyes:

What kind of rock? When I cook out old rock I really hit it hard with GFO or AlO. I have these small internal filtres and I just put a bag of whatever phosphate remover in there and let it cook. You can also use Lanthanum chloride just keep it in suspension so the floss can pick it up. You can always do a low dose LaCl to take the phosphates down slowly. If mine start to climb, I'll use 5-6 drops a day until I get it back down.

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm