ReefCleaners.org

The RFA settled back down again but I had to do some rearranging. It was reaching for the Goniopora so I moved it to another spot. 

Nemo attacked me for the first time today..... little bastard. I chased him back. I always heard they were biters but he never showed any signs of aggression before.  

One of my Jebao's died today.... not sure what's up with that.  That end of the tank looks nice without it...but I think it needs the flow since the tank is so long.  

• Like 7
13 minutes ago, tanacharison said:

I have that same white skull in my living room!  :P  I love following this tank.

You have excellent taste! :lol:

Surprise, surprise the RFA is headed back to its original position.........so I had to do more rearranging.   :rolleyes:

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

That RFA! :lol:

That thing is driving me nuts!!  It's decided to hang near the shroom field this time...... until next week. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

That thing is driving me nuts!!  It's decided to hang near the shroom field this time...... until next week. :rolleyes:

Guess the nem thinks his feet were made for walking... :rolleyes:  :lol:

• Like 1

A few people have asked about accessibility with this tank sitting on a bookshelf so I thought I would post a pic of how I remove the shelf above when I need more room to move around or acclimate new critters.

IMG_0982.thumb.JPG.fdc6c7e0931cf6f6df2ec3871ebbe393.JPGIMG_0983.thumb.JPG.6d9e2d5c9c89d300f0e6793946c4b73a.JPG

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

I love blastos. 

Me too.   :)  I always admire @gena's blastos and I saw these tiny guys so I took the plunge. 

• Like 3
SemperReef
On 5/28/2017 at 5:59 PM, WV Reefer said:

One of my Jebao's died today.... not sure what's up with that

How long did you have it?  I had one die after a year.  I like them, an inexpensive alternative to the MP Vortechs but I don't like them failing so soon. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, SemperReef said:

How long did you have it?  I had one die after a year.  I like them, an inexpensive alternative to the MP Vortechs but I don't like them failing so soon. 

You called it.... a little over a year. 

• Like 1
SemperReef
7 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

You called it.... a little over a year. 

Well that isn't encouraging.  The one I have now is coming up on a year mark.  

Did you frequently clean yours?  

11 minutes ago, SemperReef said:

Well that isn't encouraging.  The one I have now is coming up on a year mark.  

Did you frequently clean yours?  

Every Sunday. 

6 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Added some teeny purple blastos..

IMG_0990.thumb.JPG.36ec8752ae5ba2589143ed5ed771bfe3.JPG

These are the first kind of Blastos I ever had and still very much a favorite of mine. 

On 5/28/2017 at 8:59 PM, WV Reefer said:

The RFA settled back down again but I had to do some rearranging. It was reaching for the Goniopora so I moved it to another spot. 

Nemo attacked me for the first time today..... little bastard. I chased him back. I always heard they were biters but he never showed any signs of aggression before.  

One of my Jebao's died today.... not sure what's up with that.  That end of the tank looks nice without it...but I think it needs the flow since the tank is so long.  

I love this pic, love seeing it in the context of the (very cool) room, with sunlight shining through across the books. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

These are the first kind of Blastos I ever had and still very much a favorite of mine. 

I love this pic, love seeing it in the context of the (very cool) room, with sunlight shining through across the books. 

Thank you :)

i hope they do well in the tank. 

• Like 1

You've got such a great tank!  I'm planning out my 20 gallon long and your set-up is giving me lots of ideas.  Love all the pictures & followed you on IG.  How is the Orbit Marine Pro working out?  I'm on the fence with that or an SB Reef Sbox.  

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm