inTank Media Baskets

StinkyBunny

When I find them, I bring their egg cases to the house. After they hatch and start moving around I redistribute them back to the farm. I love them, they eat a hell of a lot of bugs. Same with Dragonflies, they eat a gob of mosquitoes.

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

When I find them, I bring their egg cases to the house. After they hatch and start moving around I redistribute them back to the farm. I love them, they eat a hell of a lot of bugs. Same with Dragonflies, they eat a gob of mosquitoes.

One time in grade school I did a project on Insects that included multiple egg sacks I found in the woods. The day of the science fair was hatch day! 😂

......there were millions of them inside the school. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 8
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

One time in grade school I did a project on Insects that included multiple egg sacks I found in the woods. The day of the science fair was hatch day! 😂

......there were millions of them inside the school. 

One time..... at band camp .... 

• Haha 4

Bad news on the reef this morning:

RIP Rico, First of his Name, Friend of Nemo and Muncher of Pods. We shall never see his like again. 

34182E39-8027-4F4F-A7E9-621F167A7CDE.jpeg.5a40cfe74476a6ad5b6c393313a81b6f.jpeg

He was the O.G. of this tank. He’s been with me for 3 1/2 years by accident after Petco bagged up the wrong fish. 

I saw him out munching at feeding time like any other day and this morning he was being consumed by the clean up crew. ☹️

• Sad 13
  • Wow 1
7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

RIP Rico, First of his Name, Friend of Nemo and Muncher of Pods. We shall never see his like again. 

And now his watch is ended. 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Josh H said:

I'm sorry for your loss man, such a wonderful fish. I lost a Ruby Red scooter a while ago and he was awesome, such great personalities. 

RIP Rico 🙁

Thank you. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
11 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

He was the O.G. of this tank. He’s been with me for 3 1/2 years by accident after Petco bagged up the wrong fish. 

I saw him out munching at feeding time like any other day and this morning he was being consumed by the clean up crew. ☹️

Oh man sorry to hear Christy 😞

• Like 1
12 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

What a wonderful fish, indeed! He really looks like a charmer in the pic. Sad to see him go 😓 

RIP Rico! 😔

• Like 4
22 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Sorry to hear the news. 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Krish87 said:

What a wonderful fish, indeed! He really looks like a charmer in the pic. Sad to see him go 😓 

RIP Rico! 😔

5 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Bye Rico RIP

5 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Sorry to hear the news. 

Thanks guys.  He's the first fish I have ever missed because I was always checking on him to make sure he was getting enough food or making sure nothing ate him while he was sleeping in the sand at night.  

Now the question is do I want to put something else in this tank. 🤔

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Man that sucks about your fish😪... to answer your question though... OF COURSE you should add another fish😊

I thought about getting Nemo a friend but he’s such a dick I don’t think I could deal with two. 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
46 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I thought about getting Nemo a friend but he’s such a dick I don’t think I could deal with two. 😄 

I did mention a sting ray would be perfect in that tank right?!? I mean a baby to start then once it gets too big buy a new tank and transfer him :coolguy:

• Haha 5
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I thought about getting Nemo a friend but he’s such a dick I don’t think I could deal with two.

A mate almost always changes their behavior.  Sometimes for the better, but it could also become even more protective.

• Like 5
StinkyBunny
4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Thanks guys.  He's the first fish I have ever missed because I was always checking on him to make sure he was getting enough food or making sure nothing ate him while he was sleeping in the sand at night.  

Now the question is do I want to put something else in this tank. 🤔

Hang tight till November. There are some neat goodies that come into season then, lots of gobies and my collector in Manado treats his fish top notch. Yep, they're a little more expensive, but his Indo fish LIVE! He has a green Scootie that's probably my favorite. It has a larger mouth and they take to prepared foods more readily then regular Scooties.

2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

It's Richard damn it. 😛

2 hours ago, seabass said:

A mate almost always changes their behavior.  Sometimes for the better, but it could also become even more protective.

When we first started I had a friend in the middle east collect some omanensis clowns, frickin' HUGE bastards. Mean as goddamn snakes and teeth that would rip a chunk out of you if you were to reach into their run without penning them with pieces of egg crate. Glad they went to a large breeder because those 6 assholes were a nightmare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
On 8/1/2019 at 10:38 PM, Dirté Sanchez said:

I need an engineer in wave mechanics to help me out at this point. I can make it swirl like a toilet flushing - I have managed that one.

I’ve got my flow down great right now in my tank with nearly the same dimensions as yours. 36”x9”x10” deep. I’m using 2 wave makers (wavelink and jebao) set on their lowest levels and at opposite ends of the tank and facing each other. The wavelink is blowing almost directly into a rock and the jebao is blowing free. Both are set on a smooth wave action. Here are my Xenia flowing. Let me know how that MP10 works, I almost hit the “buy” button on one a week ago but couldn’t bring myself to do it. 

D21F3123-0997-4624-9DE6-ADD1ADA58123.gif

0332BC4B-374C-45A1-BC9D-5EFC09A033B6.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm