Cultivated Reef

If you ever run out of limpets, lemme know. The 30 frag tank must have 200 or so as well as baby abalones that are getting close to 1" now! omgomgomg

What I do with pods and filtre socks is put them over a piece of egg crate upside down and that over a bowl. Let them sit there for 10-15 mins and tap them to knock off and clingers. Scootie McScooterbisquits loves bag cleaning day, lol. OMNOMNOMNOM!

• Haha 4

I'm a bit tardy to the party but that clam's the jam! I feel like there's a Beyoncé lyric to sum up that bivalve, but I'm struggling. "You're not ready for this jelly!" Nope. "All my honey's makin' money!" Nope. "I've got style, I've got ass!" Getting closer. "Bow down, bitches!" Stop the drill we've struck oil.

• Haha 6
5 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

If you ever run out of limpets, lemme know. The 30 frag tank must have 200 or so as well as baby abalones that are getting close to 1" now! omgomgomg

What I do with pods and filtre socks is put them over a piece of egg crate upside down and that over a bowl. Let them sit there for 10-15 mins and tap them to knock off and clingers. Scootie McScooterbisquits loves bag cleaning day, lol. OMNOMNOMNOM!

Never seen an abalone except in pics. 

Where do people get those big frilly limpets?  I never see them for sale......are they just hitchhikers?

26 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Just caught up from mid Nov. sorry about the clam and mushroom.  The pictures are great, so detailed. 

Thanks. :)  

On 1/15/2018 at 10:14 AM, WV Reefer said:

I was cleaning the powerheads yesterday and discovered a bunch of baby limpets! Yay! :happydance:

Limpets! I love limpets! I used to have a couple that hitchhiked on some Florida live rock from the LFS. Would love to have more some day.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Never seen an abalone except in pics. 

Where do people get those big frilly limpets?  I never see them for sale......are they just hitchhikers?

I get them in on LR out of Indo all the time. The only thing you used to get out of Fiji was damn Stomatella snails and shitgobs of friggin' spiders also know as Rob's wrasse chow. I'll try to order a few smaller abalones next Philippines shipment and see what I get. I have 7 here now, the smallest is 2.5", the largest is almost 4"! omgomgomg But they really are gentile giants. I'll try to get some pics and maybe a video this week some time. They're furry mouse tanks. As soon as the lights come on back in the QT systems they haul ass for cover till the lights go back down, then they're back out clearing algae.

cDQv09n.jpg

Y7bhdp6.jpg

81NRfMJ.jpg

• Like 7
34 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I get them in on LR out of Indo all the time. The only thing you used to get out of Fiji was damn Stomatella snails and shitgobs of friggin' spiders also know as Rob's wrasse chow. I'll try to order a few smaller abalones next Philippines shipment and see what I get. I have 7 here now, the smallest is 2.5", the largest is almost 4"! omgomgomg But they really are gentile giants. I'll try to get some pics and maybe a video this week some time. They're furry mouse tanks. As soon as the lights come on back in the QT systems they haul ass for cover till the lights go back down, then they're back out clearing algae.

cDQv09n.jpg

Y7bhdp6.jpg

81NRfMJ.jpg

They are awesome!

17 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Limpets! I love limpets! I used to have a couple that hitchhiked on some Florida live rock from the LFS. Would love to have more some day.

I saw 2 small limpets when I cleaned out my biocube and moved it to the lagoon when I moved in with my husband - about the size of the O on on a keyboard. 

They must've multiplied, because not I find teensy limpets in both of my tanks all the time!! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I saw 2 small limpets when I cleaned out my biocube and moved it to the lagoon when I moved in with my husband - about the size of the O on on a keyboard. 

They must've multiplied, because not I find teensy limpets in both of my tanks all the time!! 

As long as there's nothing in there and there's food for them, their population will grow. Throw a wrasse in there or hermits and it's a slaughter.

• Sad 1

And a bonus shot of Lucy Lu, who just had surgery and is pretty drugged up and looking cute. 

6B246E9B-9024-4E26-B8A7-215C3C793F5A.thumb.jpeg.f61b3b76998b0dd2403c2c7490d50f08.jpeg

She’s all like, “Is this real life?”  

• Like 7
  • Wow 2
24 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Great pics, especially the shrimp!

Thank you :) 

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Poor Lucy.................

I know :( 

she’s so sad but at least she didn’t have the cancer. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

What was she in for?

She had a big lump pop up in her lower belly and the vet thought it could be mammary cancer...... turned out to be a fatty tumor. 

• Wow 1
7 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

She had a big lump pop up in her lower belly and the vet thought it could be mammary cancer...... turned out to be a fatty tumor. 

That's a good thing kind of...........we had a one years ago that had a tumor and it took her out. she was a great dog but things happen.

Not looking forward to losing the one we have now...................I think about it and it just makes me sad.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, spectra said:

That's a good thing kind of...........we had a one years ago that had a tumor and it took her out. she was a great dog but things happen.

Not looking forward to losing the one we have now...................I think about it and it just makes me sad.

Yeah, all my pets are seniors— Pepper the cat is 18 and is a breast cancer survivor, Ernie the wiener is 16, Lucy Lu is 11 1/2 and Nika the Husky is 10. 

I doubt Ernie makes it to next winter- he is getting dementia and has at least one or two “bad” days a week.  

• Sad 4

Yeah my cat is 19 we think maybe 20..............####er needs to go :lol: sorry...........he drools all over the place and doesn't even clean himself anymore..........and the smell :wacko: my skimmer smells better.................

Bell is 8 I think but bulldogs don't live a long life........

We lost our English at 9 I think maybe 10 not sure. I need to drop some cash and get a new one while she is still kicking........she can teach it a few things.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, spectra said:

Yeah my cat is 19 we think maybe 20..............####er needs to go :lol: sorry...........he drools all over the place and doesn't even clean himself anymore..........and the smell :wacko: my skimmer smells better.................

Bell is 8 I think but bulldogs don't live a long life........

We lost our English at 9 I think maybe 10 not sure. I need to drop some cash and get a new one while she is still kicking........she can teach it a few things.

My 19 year old cat also drooled and stunk but it was because he had a mouth tumor that took him out fast. I was so sad...... that cat was with me my entire adult life. I still have dreams about him.. RIP Winston. 

Shit, now I’m sad. :(  

Quick, play Porch Honky again!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
19 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Aww Lucy :wub: I’m glad to hear it wasn’t more serious, how’s she feeling this morning?

She is fine. ......A little too fine. 

I have to keep crating her because she’s such a nut! :)  

17 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

All caught up on reading since Im always caught up on pics,looks great as always WV??

Thank you. ☺️

• Like 3
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm