Cultivated Reef

1 hour ago, gogeta said:

I've been away for a while! Tanks looking good as usual! I still don't know how you get the pics so crisp! I I've even bought nearly every app for the iPhone possible. Mind you most of that is immkeeping my lights bluer lately so it's combat the blue. May have to just make the lights whiter when taking pics 

Thanks.  I don’t do anything to my pics, just point and click with my iPhone. :)  

8 hours ago, spectra said:

Ok hate to say it but had this cassette at one time :lol: oh the 80s.................hell I miss my lowered Toyota with 3 tens behind the seat.............. Paula Abdul also..........#### wish I didn't have to get up at 4 I would be you tubing it all night :lol: and drinking of course...........

I can’t hang with you west coasters...... I had to go to sleepy town. :)  

i loved Tiffany..... I jammed out to that song when it came out.  Of course the Tommy James and the Shondells version is better. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, seabass said:

I remember listening to 8 track tapes.  They'd switch tracks right in the middle of a song, with a big cha clunk.

I think me and spectra grew up in the same era.

I wasn’t old enough to ever buy 8 tracks but my family had them...... I still remember the one I was jamming out to in the camper—— Juice Newton, Queen Of Hearts. :happydance:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

I wasn’t old enough to ever buy 8 tracks but my family had them

Same here, 8 track was on its way out when I was quite young.  Still I remember our old player in the kitchen.  I bought albums and then cassettes.  It's funny that vinyl and cassettes are making a bit of a comeback now.  But I can guarantee you that 8 tracks will never be cool again. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 3/2/2017 at 3:50 PM, WV Reefer said:

Current residents:

Green Legged Hermit -The Hulk

Left Handed Hermit - Buffalo Bill

Scooter Blenny - Rico

Clownfish- Nemo 

WOW!  What beautiful close ups!  The eyes on the hermit crab are incredible.  You cracked me up  with your comment, “first Aptasia, how cute”.  Power to “more biology”.

I have always liked IPSF for diversity.  They get their makeup water from 3000’  deep of the coast of Hawaii.  I purchased Gracilaria Parvispora or as Gerald Hesslinger calls it, Tang Heaven Red or as the Hawaiians call it as food, Red Ogo.  Once when posting about eating Red Ogo from a refugium, a chef in Kansa City asked “how do I clean the pods out of the Ogo”.   I said sushi.  I heard him laugh from Kansas City.  

Since cultivating Red Ogo, I have found that Grape Caulerpa is equally tasty and for certain, it is a “super food”.  Straight from the tank, it is a crunchy salty snack.  Initially, I used it in my vegetarian cheviche recipe as a garnish and a nice color contrast.  I also like it with sesame seed oil, soy sauce and lime juice.  As Justin Wilson would say, “Man, dat’s some good stuf”.

I forgot to post picture of green grapes.

image.jpg

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Friendly said:

bringing this thread back on track...

Dub, what made you choose that brand for your 12g long?

I got my tank from Craigslist so I didn’t really choose the brand, I chose the tank. 

1 hour ago, seabass said:

Same here, 8 track was on its way out when I was quite young.  Still I remember our old player in the kitchen.  I bought albums and then cassettes.  It's funny that vinyl and cassettes are makes a bit of a comeback now.  But I can guarantee you that 8 tracks will never be cool again. :lol:

You never know..... the hipsters might try.  :lol:

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, Friendly said:

bringing this thread back on track...

Dub, what made you choose that brand for your 12g long?

I can derail it just as quickly :lol: 

And Dub? are you thinking Volkswagon ? That's what I always think when I see her screen name.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Friendly said:

your spot on Spec...Dub as in VW. she obviously made a typo when she signed up and decided to roll with it.  :rolleyes: 

Typo :lol:  we should call it that but its West Virginia but you knew that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm Canadian and live in an igloo. what's this thing you call a 'West Virginia'?  :unsure:  

edit - I'm also dyslexic...so saw it as VW the first few times until Dub piped in asking what was wrong with me.  :rolleyes:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
On 10/23/2017 at 9:34 PM, Friendly said:

I'm Canadian and live in an igloo. what's this thing you call a 'West Virginia'?  :unsure:  

edit - I'm also dyslexic...so saw it as VW the first few times until Dub piped in asking what was wrong with me.  :rolleyes:  

West Virginia is like Quebec, we have it, we have to claim it as ours, but we don't talk about it. :D  ;)

• Haha 4
Just now, StinkyBunny said:

West Virginia is like Quebec, we have it, we have to claim it as ours, but we don't talk about it. :D  ;)

:mellow::( 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Friendly, let me tell you about "West" Virginia. It used to be part of real Virginia and is very beautiful. During the American Civil War the residents in WV got yella bellied and scared of the Yanks in the Union Army. They took the moral high ground (and rightfully so, slavery is deplorable) and suceeded from real Virginia. One-hundred and fifty-two years later, real Virginia is very pleased with the decision WV made way back when. They can keep their coal mines, trailer parks, and Mountaineer football (Go Hokies!) ? 

Sorry, WV reefer. I couldn't pass up this opportunity to educate the Canuck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, TheBig053 said:

Friendly, let me tell you about "West" Virginia. It used to be part of real Virginia and is very beautiful. During the American Civil War the residents in WV got yella bellied and scared of the Yanks in the Union Army. They took the moral high ground (and rightfully so, slavery is deplorable) and suceeded from real Virginia. One-hundred and fifty-two years later, real Virginia is very pleased with the decision WV made way back when. They can keep their coal mines, trailer parks, and Mountaineer football (Go Hokies!) ? 

No offense taken :mellow: 

9 hours ago, TheBig053 said:

Well, if the simple assed Confederate army would have adopted guerilla warfare as the theme of the day, the outcome might have been different. Any imbecile that would stand in a line waiting to be mowed down were fukn idiots. Those that wouldn't aren't yella, they were the smart ones. I can tell you this, I sure as shit wouldn't.

• Like 3
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm