inTank Media Baskets

I haven't been following this thread for a bit. do you still have the HOB filter on it or did you go back to the KISS with nothing but the lights, wavemakers and water changes?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Friendly said:

I haven't been following this thread for a bit. do you still have the HOB filter on it or did you go back to the KISS with nothing but the lights, wavemakers and water changes?

The only time I use the filter is if detritus gets out of hand. I run it for a day and take it off.  

Awhile back I had cyano and I stirred everything up and used the filter floss to polish the water.   

I dont like using it because it contributes to the problem sometimes. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Iphone 7. No filters, apps or adjustments. :)  

Damn, pics look great for a cell phone pic. I wonder how amazing it would look with a dslr camera 

• Like 1
Just now, Minmay said:

Damn, pics look great for a cell phone pic. I wonder how amazing it would look with a dslr camera 

I know. :(  But I’m too lazy to pull it out! :lol:

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I know. :(  But I’m too lazy to pull it out! :lol:

Lol..i was thinking of buying a dslr camera not just to take pics of my tanks but also cuz my wife and I are planning a trip to bora bora. I wanted to take nice pics

• Like 1
Just now, Minmay said:

Lol..i was thinking of buying a dslr camera not just to tank pics of my tanks but also cuz my wife and I are planning a trip to bora bora. I wanted to take nice pics

Bora Bora will be awesome..... you gotta get pics of that for sure.  

I see people selling cameras on here all the time.  

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Bora Bora will be awesome..... you gotta get pics of that for sure.  

I see people selling cameras on here all the time.  

Oooo imma have to check out the market place. I wonder if they have any LFS in Bora Bora I can check out. Imma have to look that up

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Minmay said:

Lol..i was thinking of buying a dslr camera not just to take pics of my tanks but also cuz my wife and I are planning a trip to bora bora. I wanted to take nice pics

While it's nice to have awesome pictures of your trip, taking a big camera along does take a little away from the experience.  With the quality of a good cell phone camera, anymore, I find that it's not giving up a whole lot just using your phone.  It's not even that much a mater of quality, but zoom that I miss when I just have a smart phone with me.  I say enjoy your trip and leave your DSLR at home.  If your cell phone camera isn't that advanced, maybe you can upgrade your phone before your trip.  Just my 2¢.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, seabass said:

While it's nice to have awesome pictures of your trip, taking a big camera along does take a little away from the experience.  With the quality of a good cell phone camera, anymore, I find that it's not giving up a whole lot just using your phone.  It's not even that much a mater of quality, but zoom that I miss when I just have a smart phone with me.  I say enjoy your trip and leave your DSLR at home.  If your cell phone camera isn't that advanced, maybe you can upgrade your phone before your trip.  Just my 2¢.

My wife has a better camera on her cell. Lately, Ive been using her cell to take pics. I am able to upgrade my cell but I just think almst paying 1k for a cell phone is crazy lol. Idk I'll see but either way I will def share pics with u all ?

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, Minmay said:

I just think almost paying 1K for a cell phone is crazy

Me too.  Looking forward to seeing the pics.  Have a great trip, and remember to experience it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

maybe i'll sound like an old man here (i'm only 35) but imo too many people think they need to photograph everything instead of just living it and experiencing it without trying to capture it!

Bora Bora is going to be incredible.  your mind will 'photograph' everything it needs to!  live it up, snap a few well timed shots, and enjoy it to its fullest!

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

maybe i'll sound like an old man here (i'm only 35) but imo too many people think they need to photograph everything instead of just living it and experiencing it without trying to capture it!

Bora Bora is going to be incredible.  your mind will 'photograph' everything it needs to!  live it up, snap a few well timed shots, and enjoy it to its fullest!

Well, as an old lady of 39........

i agree.  I hate going to concerts and seeing people watch the whole show through their phone!

• Haha 1
fishfreak0114
11 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

i agree.  I hate going to concerts and seeing people watch the whole show through their phone!

^you just described me!  Except I record with my camera until the  battery dies. Thankfully, I'm pretty good at recording without actually looking at the screen.  Well, not so good at the actual filming part, but at keeping my attention on what's actually happening.  You know, I meant to film the empty edge of the stage and the back of the person's head in front of me :P

I literally photograph and record everything when I go places because I always find myself looking at the photos afterwards.   I even filmed a couple rides in Disneyland!  But like I said, I'm pretty good at actually enjoying the experience.  Unlike when I was 10, and I went to a dinosaur museum.  I took a photo of each thing and kept walking :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

^you just described me!  Except I record with my camera until the  battery dies. Thankfully, I'm pretty good at recording without actually looking at the screen.  Well, not so good at the actual filming part, but at keeping my attention on what's actually happening.  You know, I meant to film the empty edge of the stage and the back of the person's head in front of me :P

I literally photograph and record everything when I go places because I always find myself looking at the photos afterwards.   I even filmed a couple rides in Disneyland!  But like I said, I'm pretty good at actually enjoying the experience.  Unlike when I was 10, and I went to a dinosaur museum.  I took a photo of each thing and kept walking :unsure:

:lol:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Oh cmon now............wait let me take a picture before you take a bite :lol: 

I think its the world today.........

Oh an 39 :lol: give it 20 more and we can call you crusty instead :P 

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

^guaranteed millennial :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm