ReefCleaners.org

32 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

If they start getting "stringy" for lack of a better term, move them to a higher light area.

:lol: mine has a mind of its own. There's no moving it. It goes through phases of bubbly and stringy but mostly stringy it's settled in one spot and hasn't moved in years. It's been 2 years since it's last bubbly phase. I've had it for 11 years. It's been under halides, t5 and led. Lighting doesn't seem to have any effect on the stringyness. Damn thing went stringy a few months after I got it while I was running the solona disco ball halide. 

The last bubbly time

IMG_0919.JPG

Current state

IMG_1745.JPG

• Like 8
StinkyBunny

One of the collectors I deal with in Australia seems to think that stringy BTAs is lighting. The ones deeper are more bubbly and closer to the surface getting more light are stringy. I noticed the one we had in the 130D was stringy under Steve's LED system. When we moved them out to the 60 cube they went bubble, hell if I know.

I was talking about the damn zooanthids actually.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

One of the collectors I deal with in Australia seems to think that stringy BTAs is lighting. The ones deeper are more bubbly and closer to the surface getting more light are stringy. I noticed the one we had in the 130D was stringy under Steve's LED system. When we moved them out to the 60 cube they went bubble, hell if I know.

:lol:

1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Nemo has suddenly started to get real lovey dovey with just about everything on his side of the tank.  The Clam, the Branching GSP, mushrooms......

here he is with the Goniopora and the second pic, which is a horrible pic, he is sleeping in a Ricordea. 

IMG_2367.thumb.JPG.9a1fdcd621962ba9f5f2e09c83af836f.JPG

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
23 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Nemo has suddenly started to get real lovey dovey with just about everything on his side of the tank.  The Clam, the Branching GSP, mushrooms......

here he is with the Goniopora and the second pic, which is a horrible pic, he is sleeping in a Ricordea. 

IMG_2367.thumb.JPG.9a1fdcd621962ba9f5f2e09c83af836f.JPG

He's a very Friendly Fishy. 

• Like 1
Just now, Weetabix7 said:

He's a very Friendly Fishy. 

It's so weird because he never went near anything and now he loves everything. lol. 

12 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

It's so weird because she never went near anything and now she loves everything. lol. 

OK... a look into my mind.  This is what I thought of first.

2e3022ffb6340dde3be55013db025090.jpg

"Maybe she's retarded." - Sixteen Candles (1984)

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, seabass said:

OK... a look into my mind.  This is what I thought of first.

2e3022ffb6340dde3be55013db025090.jpg

"Maybe she's retarded." - Sixteen Candles (1984)

love me some 16 candles!

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, spectra said:

looks good but get to the big one :lol: it needs some love..........

Hold your horses...... these things take time. :rolleyes:

• WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm