Top Shelf Aquatics

3 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I had no idea. Can you please record this barking so I can see it?! 

Not my fish, but there are a dozen or so videos on YouTube of barking clowns. You ought to hear the hell that a Moo will raise in a tank, the big ones will scare the ever loving shit out of you if you forget they're in there.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
On 1/18/2020 at 1:17 PM, Amphrites said:

Smaller damsels can click, croak, and purr a bit too - mostly they keep it quiet and bicker with each other in indoor voices thankfully XD

I have a rather large orange stripe. She clicks. She tries to attack me. I try flick her if she gets to close 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
6 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! 

FAE9619E-AF10-4C01-83C0-024E2818EB4B.gif

I’m so bummed. They like to chase pods around the water line and he must have slipped through the crack. 

• Sad 7
9 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I’m so bummed. They like to chase pods around the water line and he must have slipped through the crack. 

He had so much left to live for... 😥 

Not much to be done about that though. You'd think that fish would do a better job of staying inside of the water, but this seems to happen periodically to literally everyone. You have my condolences. 😔

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

That sucks. That's like how I found that little guttata goby the other day that Altuve chased out of the tank. And I'd thought he was big enough not to fit through the cracks. Wrong.

• Like 3

Blennies and gobies are bad for slipping through the tiniest of cracks. Flashing gobies are REALLY bad for it, they'll actually dislodge a top if they get spooked because they're so big.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

:tears:

003044EF-4BE5-49ED-8A9F-7FD8F2AF848F.thumb.jpeg.cc447d16f6fc480ec86c7567b1e87426.jpeg

Sucks...………..had 2 of them in my RFA tank and both were found like that...…….

Love those little fish...………….

• Like 1
On 1/18/2020 at 5:49 PM, StinkyBunny said:

Not my fish, but there are a dozen or so videos on YouTube of barking clowns. You ought to hear the hell that a Moo will raise in a tank, the big ones will scare the ever loving shit out of you if you forget they're in there.

Those skunk clowns look so fantastic. Pretty!!

4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

:tears:

003044EF-4BE5-49ED-8A9F-7FD8F2AF848F.thumb.jpeg.cc447d16f6fc480ec86c7567b1e87426.jpeg

So sorry 😞 I found one of mine dried up on the floor recently too. 

• Sad 4
2 hours ago, spectra said:

Sucks...………..had 2 of them in my RFA tank and both were found like that...…….

Love those little fish...………….

they have such a great personality for being such a teeny fish. 

2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Those skunk clowns look so fantastic. Pretty!!

So sorry 😞 I found one of mine dried up on the floor recently too. 

I hope his buddy doesn’t get too sad without him. 🙁

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

they have such a great personality for being such a teeny fish. 

I hope his buddy doesn’t get too sad without him. 🙁

Aw that makes me sad!! Buy three more!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

Sorry about your fish @WV Reefer  I’m about to start a 12g long what kind of lid are you running on yours? I’m thinking of going glass

I do not have a lid. The two lights sit on the rim of the tank and normally act as a barrier to jumpers......That GBG was so teeny it slid right through. 

glass would be nice depending on the set up. What other plans?

• Like 1
MainelyReefer
13 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I do not have a lid. The two lights sit on the rim of the tank and normally act as a barrier to jumpers......That GBG was so teeny it slid right through. 

glass would be nice depending on the set up. What other plans?

A 2 bulb t5(scored it for 69$ on Amazon) and cheaping out and using nano koralias and a smart wave controller I’ve had laying around.  Taking a page out of your book and going filterless!  But with rambunctious kids I’m thinking a lid is needed, plus the T5 says don’t use on aquariums without lids.  How high do you run your MP10s? Wondering if I should get the Koralia 425gph or 565gph.  Thinking a 240gph would be too small.  No extravagant plans for livestock just overflow from my other tanks.  Definitely going to be reading some of your thread to glean valuable info.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

A 2 bulb t5(scored it for 69$ on Amazon) and cheaping out and using nano koralias and a smart wave controller I’ve had laying around.  Taking a page out of your book and going filterless!  But with rambunctious kids I’m thinking a lid is needed, plus the T5 says don’t use on aquariums without lids.  How high do you run your MP10s? Wondering if I should get the Koralia 425gph or 565gph.  Thinking a 240gph would be too small.  No extravagant plans for livestock just overflow from my other tanks.  Definitely going to be reading some of your thread to glean valuable info.

The mp10’s are barely running..... I just like the cords being out of the tank. 😄 
The flow is the hardest thing to deal with because of the length but the 425 or 565 would work depending on what’s in there. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

The mp10’s are barely running..... I just like the cords being out of the tank. 😄 
The flow is the hardest thing to deal with because of the length but the 425 or 565 would work depending on what’s in there. 

Do you have mp10's on both ends?  

Sorry to hear about the GBG.  :sad:

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Do you have mp10's on both ends?  

Sorry to hear about the GBG.  :sad:

Thanks.

Yeah, currently there is one on each end. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Thanks.

Yeah, currently there is one on each end. 

Thanks...I thought the last FTS I saw only had one...but i swore you had 2 as your post to Granite eluded to. I’m getting old and my memory is fading. I guess I could click back and look but just thought to ask instead.

This is still one of my fav tanks on NR! 

Btw...I think the cup coral looks good in the 75. Was amazed you got it out in one piece. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dafish said:

Hello love the tank ❤️ . Just finished skimming all 102 pages 😴  .  When u do water changes do you Usually vacuum the sand or just leave it alone. 

Thank you. 😊

I don’t vacuum the sand during a water change but I do stir it up multiple times throughout the week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Thanks...I thought the last FTS I saw only had one...but i swore you had 2 as your post to Granite eluded to. I’m getting old and my memory is fading. I guess I could click back and look but just thought to ask instead.

This is still one of my fav tanks on NR! 

Btw...I think the cup coral looks good in the 75. Was amazed you got it out in one piece. 

We’re all getting old. 😄

I still can’t believe the Cup Coral didn’t crumble to pieces! Hopefully it does well in the other tank. 🤞🏻

• Like 2
16 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

Sorry about your fish @WV Reefer  I’m about to start a 12g long what kind of lid are you running on yours? I’m thinking of going glass

Following this....I also just got a Mr Aqua 12L to set up a reef tank, probably start in a month or so, Just the tank and a 36 inch Current IC Pro purchased so far.

Trying your dirty water set up @WV Reefer very inspiring. Been lurking for a month now

• Like 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm