Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I finally got up the nerve to remove the cup that had reached the surface. I was sure I would collapse the reef and crush the cup.

But......

Yay!!!!!! :happydance: IN ONE PIECE!  

I used a hammer and a scalpel in the tank and chopped it loose. Now it will live on in the 75 gallon. It’s about 4” x 4” which is huge for a tank that is only 8” deep!

A35131BB-119C-455E-BD10-D2958E8B2552.thumb.jpeg.9a2911b3edb4b304b88cae179da45472.jpeg

6904DDC8-0E26-41DD-80C3-A5C9467F4C27.thumb.jpeg.9c08a2084276bfd40d0f1be108321976.jpeg

Wow, what is that? LPS? I love it. 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

I’ve always loved that piece in your tank!  It will look fantastic in the bigger tank.  Can’t wait to see how big the thing ends up being!  I may need to add that to my list of corals I want to try.  

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Opotter said:

I’ve always loved that piece in your tank!  It will look fantastic in the bigger tank.  Can’t wait to see how big the thing ends up being!  I may need to add that to my list of corals I want to try.  

Now I need a new centerpiece coral in here. 🤔

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, StinkyBunny said:

*Gets out the broken wine bottle and mace.*

Aww I thought that was cleaver 😂

My stoned brain came up with that quick 🤗

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, PaigeTX said:

Taking a scalpel and hammer to the tank is impressive! 🙀

All while getting bit repeatedly by Nemo. 😄

1 minute ago, Opotter said:

Or giant brass balls 😬

72D96FAA-E327-440F-B773-BC29A59B576E.gif.70bc9f83e2c0e3f41b5a211dcd2ba83c.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
24 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

All while getting bit repeatedly by Nemo. 😄

72D96FAA-E327-440F-B773-BC29A59B576E.gif.70bc9f83e2c0e3f41b5a211dcd2ba83c.gif

Yeah seriously- that big snowflake clown in the big tank drives me nuts whenever I’m messing with frags near her corner. She hasn’t bit me since that Sebae was in the tank but I don’t trust her at all.

• Like 3
On 1/16/2020 at 8:26 PM, Dirté Sanchez said:

Yeah seriously- that big snowflake clown in the big tank drives me nuts whenever I’m messing with frags near her corner. She hasn’t bit me since that Sebae was in the tank but I don’t trust her at all.

I think about getting him a girlfriend from time to time but there’s no way I’m dealing with two of them attacking me....... punks.  

• Haha 6

Clowns are great fish in a tank/biotope set up specifically for them. My ritteri system was a coral run, but they took it over with 20 Blackfoot clowns. It's an old run that I decided was too small and tall, 6 ritteri anemones and the Blackfoot clowns took over. There's now 9 ritteris in there with the clowns, they split a few times. Still trying to figure out what triggered them to split. I wouldn't reach into that tank if I dropped a $100 bill in there, those bastards are ferocious, especially when they have eggs, they will bark at you too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Clowns are great fish in a tank/biotope set up specifically for them. My ritteri system was a coral run, but they took it over with 20 Blackfoot clowns. It's an old run that I decided was too small and tall, 6 ritteri anemones and the Blackfoot clowns took over. There's now 9 ritteris in there with the clowns, they split a few times. Still trying to figure out what triggered them to split. I wouldn't reach into that tank if I dropped a $100 bill in there, those bastards are ferocious, especially when they have eggs, they will bark at you too.

Ballsy little dudes.......I love that video of the clownfish biting a shark. 😂

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

They bark?? What???

2 hours ago, spectra said:

Said it before..............

image.png.a28a85e3d442cd6d8cfb6e6781ba505d.png

Uncle Si for the win!

3 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I think about getting him a girlfriend from time to time but there’s no way I’m dealing with two of them attacking me....... punks.  

Both of my clown pairs have males. The males are lazy and never do anything to me (how TYPICAL). It's the female that protects her zone.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

They bark?? What???

Yep, when I had the omanensis pairs they were loud AF, these guys are audible. Even perculas/occys will bark. The loudest are Sebaes and clarkis.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
6 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yep, when I had the omanensis pairs they were loud AF, these guys are audible. Even perculas/occys will bark. The loudest are Sebaes and clarkis.

Smaller damsels can click, croak, and purr a bit too - mostly they keep it quiet and bicker with each other in indoor voices thankfully XD

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

I had no idea. Can you please record this barking so I can see it?! 

• Like 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm