inTank Media Baskets

14 minutes ago, pmang6 said:

Just cleaned my pump for the first time... Man those little ceramic rods are so delicate, the one on the little 660gph eflux pump is terrifyingly thin, think like a #2 pencil led. Seems like theres room for improvement in the pump game, particularly for smaller tanks. There's definitely a dearth of really high quality equipment sized for nano tanks in general. When youre relying on a total of 3 pieces of equipment to keep the tank stable, it'd be nice to know that the equipment is rock solid. Heaters and pumps in particular are something I'd be willing to pay good money for if someone offered a truly reliable model.

I remember running large eheim canisters on my FW tanks and the ceramic rod would break if you looked at it wrong......So frustrating for the money paid. 

don’t get me started on heaters. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
On 11/14/2019 at 5:03 PM, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Awesome! Back in business :wink:

I've heard people knock marineland but they do have some pretty good stuff. I'm sure now a days it's garbage.

I use that HOT Magnum to vacuum out sumps, she's pretty much been retired now.

1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Just realized it’s page 100.....

VvBWI5o.jpg

• Haha 4
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Thanks, Richard.....it looked better on my phone :tears:

I thought it looked fine. It’s neat how it’s nestled in with the books and I remember how nice that bookshelf is. Jack can sit on it and rotate- it’ll keep him occupied. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I thought it looked fine. It’s neat how it’s nestled in with the books and I remember how nice that bookshelf is. Jack can sit on it and rotate- it’ll keep him occupied. 

It is bluer than i thought but oh well......at least my tank hasnt had the aids!🤭 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
27 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

It is bluer than i thought but oh well......at least my tank hasnt had the aids!🤭 😁 

Your tank has lived until it’s had the aids. 

30 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I like that cycle 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 5 weeks later...

I finally got up the nerve to remove the cup that had reached the surface. I was sure I would collapse the reef and crush the cup.

But......

Yay!!!!!! :happydance: IN ONE PIECE!  

I used a hammer and a scalpel in the tank and chopped it loose. Now it will live on in the 75 gallon. It’s about 4” x 4” which is huge for a tank that is only 8” deep!

A35131BB-119C-455E-BD10-D2958E8B2552.thumb.jpeg.9a2911b3edb4b304b88cae179da45472.jpeg

6904DDC8-0E26-41DD-80C3-A5C9467F4C27.thumb.jpeg.9c08a2084276bfd40d0f1be108321976.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 6
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
7 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I finally got up the nerve to remove the cup that had reached the surface. I was sure I would collapse the reef and crush the cup.

But......

Yay!!!!!! :happydance: IN ONE PIECE!  

I used a hammer and a scalpel in the tank and chopped it loose. Now it will live on in the 75 gallon. It’s about 4” x 4” which is huge for a tank that is only 8” deep!

A35131BB-119C-455E-BD10-D2958E8B2552.thumb.jpeg.9a2911b3edb4b304b88cae179da45472.jpeg

6904DDC8-0E26-41DD-80C3-A5C9467F4C27.thumb.jpeg.9c08a2084276bfd40d0f1be108321976.jpeg

so cool. How big was it when it started?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

so cool. How big was it when it started?

The bottom pic is the beginning and the top pic was a year later  

5AA2F520-1651-4508-9044-5C85925ECB73.thumb.jpeg.7993fbc4da076a9a6af64ac6820350b4.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

The bottom pic is the beginning and the top pic was a year later  

5AA2F520-1651-4508-9044-5C85925ECB73.thumb.jpeg.7993fbc4da076a9a6af64ac6820350b4.jpeg

OH WOW... That's crazy how much that thing grew :wink:

• Like 2

If you kill a Cup coral, empty the tank and throw the tank in the dumpster. I have one that my guy in Indo sent me years ago because it had a weird shape, it's still truckin' along after years in the Leather coral run.

• Haha 2
Just now, StinkyBunny said:

If you kill a Cup coral, empty the tank and throw the tank in the dumpster. I have one that my guy in Indo sent me years ago because it had a weird shape, it's still truckin' along after years in the Leather coral run.

Mine has such a perfect shape........Now I gotta figure out how to mount the big top heavy bitch in the other tank! 

• Like 3
Just now, WV Reefer said:

Mine has such a perfect shape........Now I gotta figure out how to mount the big top heavy bitch in the other tank! 

Some epoxy putty and super glue...…………. 

• Haha 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm