ReefCleaners.org

MY Magneisium is high

dee171

My magnesium is high in my tank and Im not sure why. I dont dose.  I only do water changes, and I have a hang on the back filter with Chemi pure blue in it and some matrix bio media. I notice my water clarity was off and I lost a snail. Did 2  water changes so far and its still not crystal clear. I am going threw a diatom bloom so was wondering if these issues are related and if water change are enough ?

salinaity 1.025

Alk 7.7

nitrate 0

phosphate 0

calcium 460

mag 1470

chipmunkofdoom2

What salt mix do you use? Have you tested the alkalinity, calcium and magnesium of a new batch of saltwater to see what values it has out-of-the-box? It's likely that your salt mix has high magnesium.

27 minutes ago, chipmunkofdoom2 said:

What salt mix do you use? Have you tested the alkalinity, calcium and magnesium of a new batch of saltwater to see what values it has out-of-the-box? It's likely that your salt mix has high magnesium.

Ive been getting  it from my LFS, Im pretty sure it Aqua Vitro . and no I havent tested it before, that makes sense thanks 

While it is a bit high, I would not worry about it.  Just keep up with your regular water changes and it should come back into line over time.

Archived