zhark

Best clam food products

zhark

I've had a maxima clam for a year and it hasn't grown much because I kept it in a pico and I guess the nutrients/calc/ was too limiting for it to grow in size, but it's colour and mantle etc. hasn't changed and is still healthy. I've moved it to my nano for a month and have seen some growth finally. But I would like to speed up the process as he isnt very big, I'd say under 3 inches. What sort of products on the market have the best outcome for clams? 

RayWhisperer

Fish.

• Like 1

WV Reefer

I wouldn't feed it.  I would make sure it is living in a tank that provides for all its needs.  

CronicReefer

Light is the best food source for clams and most clams do best under extremely bright lights (as long as they are acclimated properly if coming from a lower light tank). Clams digest the zooxanthellae in their mantles for food so more light = more food available. 

• Like 1

teemee

Fauna Marin makes a great powdered food - I use it for my gorgonians, though, :) not clams!

mystersyster

Clams don't need food. 

• Like 1

jeffmr4

I use something called phyto2.  It is for corals, clams and inverts.