Top Shelf Aquatics

Suggestions & Opinions on Scape

SaltyBuddha

I'm building a tank that has a display of 8" x 8" x 24". The only fish I want is a  high fin goby with a shrimp. Initial idea was to have a column in the middle but with the rocks I have it's not that good of an option (not enough room for cleaning,  weird shapes, etc.)

So, I'll be attaching dry rock to the back panel. Yes, like those monolithic walls everyone hates but I think this could actually work out nicely. The back panel is a transparent blue. I have a few small shelves of Dry rock coming this week and I'm thinking of placing them where the yellow circles are.

The rock as is goes up about 2/3 of the way up including 2 inches of sand. I'll also be placing a small cairn of rocks in the front right or left corner of the tank I think.

What do you guys think?

Capture1.JPG.fdd29fa04a92225a0562c288f603488a.JPG

SaltyBuddha

20170301_173826-1.thumb.jpg.91a29e821aa518f772e33f993536fa0a.jpg

Took out the middle piece and added some plates. Very happy with the pieces from BRS. Thinking of this for now. Going to start curing so that will give me time to think about it. Stoked to start the process! 

20170301_173826-1.jpg

flatlandreefer

You might post a pic from the front, as you would view if front the front glass pane so we can get a better idea of how things look from that point of view. Looks pretty good, the one thing I would change about mine would be to have more than one cave.  

SaltyBuddha
11 minutes ago, flatlandreefer said:

You might post a pic from the front, as you would view if front the front glass pane so we can get a better idea of how things look from that point of view. Looks pretty good, the one thing I would change about mine would be to have more than one cave.  

That will be the front view ☺ I know it looks weird because the tank isn't put together yet. Its a tall column 8 x 8 inches and 24 inches tall. I'm going to have the shelves for coral space and also putting a smaller column in the front right. I wanted something different from all the regular tanks but I'll get better pics when the tank is complete

SaltyBuddha
3 minutes ago, flatlandreefer said:

Oh ok I missed that! Looks good! How are you going to mount the two independent rocks?

Thanks! I'm going to weld two small acrylic shelves to attach them. Im thinking a zip tie in case I ever need to remove them for transport or something

Archived