Top Shelf Aquatics

Anyone help me id these zoa pests?

craig1560

Zoas been closed for a while. Have a video of something that was crawling around them. Not sure what it is. 

also it it almost looks like something is growing on them. Since taking these pictures I did an iodine and water dip that has resulted in them opening up more than usual, but still not perfect 

Hard to tell from the pic, but I would guess those are zoa eating nudibranchs... they're actually pretty beautiful little critters.. just that they mess up the things we don't want messed up. I had some cool white nudibranchs in my tank.. looked really neat til I noticed they were eating away at my montipora.. I picked mine out with some tweezers.. only caught 3 of them, but haven't seen anymore since

I recommend doing a coral dip with Coral RX or something similar...?

The Vid Looks like a pod to me as well...Hard to say.  The Pic, My eyes aren't great at picking things out.

In the pic, if ur trying to show something that looks like it has some sort of "horn" (Antennae), then I would have to agree that it is

a Nudibranch. If that is indeed the case, follow slayer'33's recommendation.  Dip them suckers...and I do mean Suckers! 

Zoa Nudi's. 

You need to do a dip to kill them, then inspect for eggs and remove them. 

See the thread on Zoa Pests & Diseases pinned at top of disease forum. 

Some of those meds are no longer used, but not all. 

I haven't used Bayer myself, but I think it might be able to be used as a dip here, hopefully someone else can chime in on that. 

Ok wait, the critter in the video is a Pod. 

But the pic looks like Nudis. 

See this for Nudi pics for comparison: https://www.google.com/search?q=zoa+eating+nudibranch&safe=strict&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS592US592&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=918&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0le3Jg7PSAhXH6yYKHRfnA7wQsAQIIA

Archived