Cultivated Reef

Orbit marine ic + nuvo fusion 20

russ722

Anyone have any experience with this light vs the old current orbit? 

Looking at there chart with par readings seems like it may work OK. But real world input would be nice. Only plan on softies and Lps. Tank is 24x13x13.

Screenshot_20170227-144217.png

I have two of the non-pro 24'' ( I think) originals on a nuvo fusion 20. A single one had zoanthids on the bottom directly under the light stretching pretty severely. With two everything is growing great. I almost bleached a chalice on the bottom with two. I got them both at a cheap price. Generally I would not keep anything with these lights and would opt for something better like an AI or a small older Radion.

7 minutes ago, holy carp said:

This was my experience with the IC when attempting to replace the original (non-pro), though my issues may not apply in the same way with your particular setup:

1 hour ago, VW_TDI_02 said:

Good to hear. People love having overpowered lights but for such a shallow tank that light will work very well. The only thing is that you're limited by the spectrum but you do get a fantastic amount of control with that light. I had fantastic success with hammers, torches, and other LPS corals. 

8 minutes ago, holy carp said:

This was my experience with the IC when attempting to replace the original (non-pro), though my issues may not apply in the same way with your particular setup:

Thanks!

guess I'll keep looking for something else.

Yea, I've never seen the IC version but am a big fan of the original. Zoas did great. It really just depends on the tank. In regards to extending zoas  I'm a bit hesitant on them. I have some at the bottom and middle of my IM Nuvo 10 which is lit by a Kessil A150 (can't be dimmed) and both of them are stretching upwards.

Archived