Cultivated Reef

Veng's 65g

Veng

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, RollaJase said:

Pictures aren't working for me :(. Could be because I'm at work :(.

They're all hosted by imgur, which is often blocked by work places. :(

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Veng said:

They're all hosted by imgur, which is often blocked by work places. :(

I'll make sure to take a look from home.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2017 at 3:53 PM, teenyreef said:

Nice pickups! 

Btw, where's that new FTS? :D

It will eventually be posted. Maybe. I'll go poke him with a stick.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

So, had a pump failure while out of town, several of the recent picked up frags have been declining severely.  Including my top favorite the green slimer.    Alll in all however, the tank overall is doing fine.  No small wonder given I've long since killed off anything that wasn't hearty as hell :lol:.  As for FTS or photos in general, I've been in one hell of a funk lately due to some stuff at work.  Hopefully this next week/weekend I'll get a chance to calm down a bit and take some photos.  However, I've gotta be honest and playing mini-golf with the kids is going to take priority from taking FTS.  Seriously how are my kids growing up so fast?!?!?!  If you have any tips for keeping kids from aging, please let me know. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2017 at 6:25 AM, markalot said:

Only tip I have is pay more attention because it goes way too fast.  More mini golf, less tank is the right idea. :)

I've been neglecting the tank to great degree lately.  However I haven't been neglecting the kids....   I have a funeral to attend this weekend, Still don't have any idea how to tell these kids about life and death....

esDmSCT.jpg

• Like 3

That picture :wub:

They are so delighted with that fish!

Funerals are tough at any age. But for my kids at least, dealing with it in a matter of fact but sensitive way seemed to work well at that age.

I have no clue how to slow down kids aging. Mark is right, just spend all the time you can with them. Mine didn't even ask for permission to grow boobs! I'm still bitter about that :lol:

• Like 1

Finally, after much delay, mostly time being neglected to the thanks and directed at minion 1 and minion 2.   We finally have a picture of the tank asleep at nigh.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/4DPTM"><a href="//imgur.com/4DPTM"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Tank update:

Tank has generally been neglected, but the softies and fish still live.  However, tonight the apex seems to have died.  Energy bar seems to be cycling it's power, display isn't showing anything.  I can't connect to it wirelessly.  I've lost the passion for this hobby as the kids have consumed my time, so I think I'm going to take it down.  If anyone has any advise as to the best way to do that, I'd appreciate it.  The tank is the biggest unknown for me.  I'm sure if I call one of the local stores they would come take it all from me, I'm guessing for "free" but that seems like lightning a bunch of money on fire.  I could part out the light and the skimmer pretty easily, the sump and the tank I've got no idea the best way to go about it.  Post on a local forum offering them for cheap and see if I can get a bite?

Sorry to see this tank come down. I have never had a sump so could not help there. I think a post on e-bay may work. Any local clubs forum might be the best for selling the entire system. Of course breaking it up and selling separately may make more money. Good luck either way it will be some serious work. I hope you can keep the ponies even though that tank is probably more work than this one. If it becomes the one and only tank I hope it will be manageable.