Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Specially made MCPCB LED Cluster Question

gamezawy

Hello everyone

What you guys think about this LED Cluster ?

Note that i am forced to use 21 LEDs per cluster and can only use the  3.45 mm x 3.45 Leds i cant use any Lumileds (Luxeon) becouse i will be using the specially made MCPCB shown down 

Channel 1 must me be 4 leds : 2x UV Epiled 395nm + 2x UV Epiled 420nm
Channel 2 must me be 4 leds : 4x XPG2 Cool white 6500K
Channel 3 must me be 4 leds : 4x XTE Royal Blue 
Channel 4 must me be 4 leds : 4x XPE blue 
Channel 5 must me be 5 leds : 2x XPE Red + 2x XPE Green + 1x XPE Amber

Any changes can be made, any colors can be added or removed, i just need the best mix, and i would like to keep the Cool white if possible 

Reef.jpg

jedimasterben

Use SemiLEDs only for the violet LEDs, or else you're going to have to reflow them yourself and replace them in a few months due to the PMMA lenses of the Epileds chips degrading from the near UV light. Also skip on the 395nm completely. I wouldn't go lower than 410nm if it can be guaranteed to be 410nm peak, lower than that and you begin to fluoresce particulates in the tank and it will make it look like snow.

Why do you want to keep the cool white? Ditch the green, red, and amber, and use the highest CRI warm white that is offered. If you want to keep the four cool white, then have that last channel be three warm white, two royal blue.

I would also add some separate single stars of either lime or mint to get rid of any purple cast that the warm white will give when mixed with royal blue.

7 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

Use SemiLEDs only for the violet LEDs, or else you're going to have to reflow them yourself and replace them in a few months due to the PMMA lenses of the Epileds chips degrading from the near UV light. Also skip on the 395nm completely. I wouldn't go lower than 410nm if it can be guaranteed to be 410nm peak, lower than that and you begin to fluoresce particulates in the tank and it will make it look like snow.

Why do you want to keep the cool white? Ditch the green, red, and amber, and use the highest CRI warm white that is offered. If you want to keep the four cool white, then have that last channel be three warm white, two royal blue.

I would also add some separate single stars of either lime or mint to get rid of any purple cast that the warm white will give when mixed with royal blue.

So basically they suck. lol Buzzzzzzzzz

Thank you jedimasterben for your input, i really appreciate it,  i really asked here in nanoreef to hear your opinion :D 

Well if you were me and will use this big MCPCB, what would you be using on it ? and forget about the cool whites just recommend what the best to use on them 

If you kindly tell me which leds for every channel i would appreciate it  

Channel 1 must me be 4 leds :
Channel 2 must me be 4 leds :
Channel 3 must me be 4 leds : 
Channel 4 must me be 4 leds : 
Channel 5 must me be 5 leds :  

below image just to show you the MCPCB with no lenses 

58b0fd89ccbcb_Reefleds.thumb.jpg.4ddb847a949fea5707a98b471e11a1e9.jpg

3 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

Archived