SaltCritters.com

LED Fixture Question

LJR

I've been trying to build a nano reef for some time and I'm thinking of putting the equipment together. I found a fixture on that is on sale for -$20.00 amazon, the  Anjeet 150 LED. It seems to have good overall numbers to me, but I'm not too familiar with all of them. It is also quite large, at 16 x 11, and although it has good reviews, it only has two. Does anyone know anything about this fixutre? Would it be a good buy for something in the range of ~15 gallons, or is it too large, and no high quality? Can I be steered toward something better in around the same price range? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

-LJR

P.S. Link for Fixture

https://www.amazon.com/Anjeet-Aquarium-Spectrum-Marine-Lighting/dp/B01M5DAU3F/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1487959451&sr=8-24&keywords=saltwater+led+aquarium+lighting

Well, it's $60 ($20 off), but it's still a lot of light for the money.

The big detractor here is that it's a no dimmable fixture. That will mean that you are stuck with the color of the light, and you will have to raise and lower the fixture to change the intensity. Not deal breakers, but for a tank as small as 15gal, you will probably have to mount it pretty high (12-16") which will create a lot of light spill.

For a little more (just under $100) you can get a dimmable version of the same fixture that will solve most of the problems.

https://www.amazon.com/Galaxyhydro-55x3w-Dimmable-Spectrum-Aquarium/dp/B00INM0J1M/ref=sr_1_5?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1487963249&sr=1-5&keywords=marsaqua

Seems like a lot of light for 15g and as evil stated, you will have a lot of spill over light. 

There are other options that are affordable.

Coral compulsion par38 35 watt full spectrum dimmable

Aquamaxx nemolight

Mars Aqua

Archived