Innovative Marine Aquariums

TJ's Bust'em Up Custom Reef - Big News!

TJ_Burton

31 minutes ago, JBM said:

I have a eheim 1260, and a deep blue 4 or 5 i can send your way for a few $.

I very much am enjoying my mag 9.5

I sincerely appreciate that!
If I can't get support from Current-USA on this issue, I am going to shoot you a pm for that Eheim pump 🙂

• Thanks 1

Well, Current-USA is sending me a replacement hub.

They didn't ask any questions other than what the serial number was of my pump.

I assume that means it is a known issue.

Fingers crossed it fixes things!

• Like 1

Good luck on the new pump or controller.

The COR is great.  Highly recommend if the budget allows in the future.  A good alternative that I used prior to the COR was a Jebao DCP-5000.

https://www.amazon.com/Jebao-Sine-Water-Return-DCP-5000/dp/B01MTVIZSF

Maybe the 4000 would match your 1050 model.  If you are using the 1900 EFlux you'd need to go up to the 6500 or 8000 model.

It had almost the exact same flow rate and many similar control features as the COR.  It used the same fitting settings and was also the exact same size.  It was a really easy pump swap when the time came.  It has memory to load your last speed setting if you use feed mode or even pull the plug.  The COR is nice in that it can have a set minimum value so you so you can keep water in the line without back siphoning, and the ability to control ramp up duration or speed based on optical sensors. 

AND....

Its Orange!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Scorched said:

Good luck on the new pump or controller.

The COR is great.  Highly recommend if the budget allows in the future.  A good alternative that I used prior to the COR was a Jebao DCP-5000.

https://www.amazon.com/Jebao-Sine-Water-Return-DCP-5000/dp/B01MTVIZSF

Maybe the 4000 would match your 1050 model.  If you are using the 1900 EFlux you'd need to go up to the 6500 or 8000 model.

It had almost the exact same flow rate and many similar control features as the COR.  It used the same fitting settings and was also the exact same size.  It was a really easy pump swap when the time came.  It has memory to load your last speed setting if you use feed mode or even pull the plug.  The COR is nice in that it can have a set minimum value so you so you can keep water in the line without back siphoning, and the ability to control ramp up duration or speed based on optical sensors. 

AND....

Its Orange!

It's at the top of my list! Just couldn't squeeze it in. Hopefully in the near future I can make the swap. By all accounts the COR looks perfect!

I think there are two more contenders for pumps that match the aesthetic of the system!

This HYDOR controllable AC pump looks like it might have some magenta going on

spacer.png

And this Maxspect pump has orange (and looks oddly similar to a jet turbine)

spacer.png

• Like 2

Nice finds.  Both would fit in so well in your tank aesthetically (though I'm leaning towards the Hydor strictly in terms of color).  Totally agree with you on the jet turbine comment.  lol.  

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Nice finds.  Both would fit in so well in your tank aesthetically (though I'm leaning towards the Hydor strictly in terms of color).  Totally agree with you on the jet turbine comment.  lol.  

Based on other photos I've seen using google, I have a feeling the Hydor pump actually uses their typical red and that the photo I used is just not accurate in terms of color. 😞

• Sad 1
8 minutes ago, TJ_Burton said:

Based on other photos I've seen using google, I have a feeling the Hydor pump actually uses their typical red and that the photo I used is just not accurate in terms of color. 😞

Bummer!  That would've been sick if it was that color.

• Sad 1

So I did a quick update vid, and the tank is running right beside me and you can't hear it at all. Turned out SUPER slient and am quite happy with that 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/8/2019 at 12:22 PM, Tigahboy said:

Bummer!  That would've been sick if it was that color.

Well I guess I'll get a chance to see if the color matches because they are sending me one for the build 🙂

I'll do a vid on it when it arrives.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, JBM said:

its a good thing you didnt take that eheim.

i pulled it out to mix up my w/c water. shocked the sh#t out of me once it went into the water

YIKES!

That sucks bad. 

1 hour ago, TJ_Burton said:

YIKES!

That sucks bad. 

im a utility worker (i work around voltages in excess of 300,000 volts) so the shock didnt hurt to bad. but yea, still no good either way.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Great video update @TJ_Burton! A silent system is the best outcome, glad you got it sorted.

I like the sound of Goober’s tank as well haha, Pokémon themed too?

Haha thanks for watching!

I am doing a few more Pokémon aquarium projects using Pokéballs, but Goober's system is going to be more practical than anything. Going to try to make a system that is super low maintenance and also quick to maintain when the time comes to do so. I have various designs in mind, but before I settle on one, I want to try a few different options out on the ten gallon system.

I'll post more vids as I complete it!

So my computer finally quit on me after 11 years of faithful service. I built it to last an be upgradeable, and I did everything I could over the years to keep it relevant. Well, short of swapping the motherboard and CPU.

Was an expensive setback, let me tell ya! Not able to edit videos at the moment so that is currently on hold. That said I should have the new PC built in a week or two provided everything ships quickly.

The reef is just sitting full of fresh water while I wait for the new control hub for the pump from Current USA. Or the new return pump from Hydor, whichever makes it here first.

Feels like everything is in limbo... argh!

Patience is a virtue, or whatever they say. Lol.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally finished the rig, so now I can get back to editing! Also got some incredible news regarding this build and am half expecting it to fall through just because I am so excited!!!

Rockwork for this system is coming up super soon 😄

Fotor_155369655379168.jpg

Fotor_155369658476160.jpg

• Wow 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, been a while since I worked on the system. Got sick right after I finished th PC and havent had much energy to work on it. That's over and now I am doing the scape with Caribsea Liferock. 

Video and finished product to come soon!

20190417_164753.jpg

• Like 5
On 4/20/2019 at 3:28 PM, JBM said:

Fancy shamncy rig. Is that a 2080? Still rocking my titan x from '16 (altho my little ones use it more now then I do)

Thank you; my first build. Normally I just bought pre-built computers. Glad I went this route!

It's a 2070; still plenty of power in that GPU. I also got the 3 fan version on a wicked sale. Cheaper than even the single fan.

I also feel you on the little ones... hahaha 

• Like 1