Coral Vue Hydros

Best LED Lighting Set Up for a 20 gallon long tank...

I've seen pieces of threads that address this with a ton of inconclusive answers. Most lighting options seem to offer 24 x 24 spreads. I would like to do something under $500 to move my FOWLR tank to the addition of some hardy, beginner corals. The options I've looked at:

Aqua Illumination:

Hydra 26 HD - 24 x 24 spread, most likely not enough

Hydra 52 HD - Over $500

Prime HD (2) - Not cost effective, over $500 with mounts etc.

Kessil:

A160WE - 1 light, not enough coverage. 2 lights, over $500 (w/ controller & mounts)

A80 (2) - Potentially not powerful enough, over $500 (w/ controller & mounts)

NanoBox:

Duo - Pushes coverage with a 30" long tank

Quad - Over $500

Reef Breeders:

Photon-V2 24 - Don't know a whole lot about these, would like to hear more from others with experience

Maxspect:

Razor (R420r) 28" - Not a fan of the look of these, control limitations

Orbit Marine Pro:

24-36" - Limited power at 72 watts?

Are there any other options out there (not including Chinese black box types) that I'm missing? Thanks in advance for the help and input.

P.S. Not interested in Par38 options. ;)

4 hours ago, War Eagle Reefer said:

I've seen pieces of threads that address this with a ton of inconclusive answers. Most lighting options seem to offer 24 x 24 spreads. I would like to do something under $500 to move my FOWLR tank to the addition of some hardy, beginner corals. The options I've looked at:

Aqua Illumination:

Hydra 26 HD - 24 x 24 spread, most likely not enough

Hydra 52 HD - Over $500

Prime HD (2) - Not cost effective, over $500 with mounts etc.

Kessil:

A160WE - 1 light, not enough coverage. 2 lights, over $500 (w/ controller & mounts)

A80 (2) - Potentially not powerful enough, over $500 (w/ controller & mounts)

NanoBox:

Duo - Pushes coverage with a 30" long tank

Quad - Over $500

Reef Breeders:

Photon-V2 24 - Don't know a whole lot about these, would like to hear more from others with experience

Maxspect:

Razor (R420r) 28" - Not a fan of the look of these, control limitations

Orbit Marine Pro:

24-36" - Limited power at 72 watts?

Are there any other options out there (not including Chinese black box types) that I'm missing? Thanks in advance for the help and input.

P.S. Not interested in Par38 options. ;)

I have quite a few customers using the Duo over a 30" tank. Unless you are jamming the tank full of SPS you will be fine. 

Hope this helps! 

22 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

I have quite a few customers using the Duo over a 30" tank. Unless you are jamming the tank full of SPS you will be fine. 

Hope this helps! 

Thanks Dave. I love your lights but can't drop the coin on a Quad right now. I wish you offered an 18" version of the Duo that pushed the pods closer to the ends of a 30" tank. That would work perfectly I think. Thanks for the reply, who knows I may end up giving the Duo a try. ;)

28 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Hope this helps! 

Meant to ask, how high are your other customers placing the Duo over a 30" tank?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2017 at 5:06 PM, Guest said:

Meant to ask, how high are your other customers placing the Duo over a 30" tank?

This OP "Guest" is WAR EAGLE REEFER.  He deleted his account after backing out from our deal. 

See the story here:

Archived