Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My DIY tank stand

justplainnuts

justplainnuts

Got a little work done on my tank stand this past weekend. This is going to house a Fluval M60 and on the right side will be a few shelves. Have to thank my wife, she is very creative and came up with idea. Will update as I get more done.

rsz_img_1024.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
justplainnuts

Tank stand still in same finished state. Life is so busy sometimes, especially these three kids I have all under 10 years of age....madness. determined to get out there if weather holds up this weekend.

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Best of luck, keep us posted!

Looking at your base frame, it might be difficult to add hinged doors without some specialty hardware. One possible solution would be to create a sold panel facia and have it clip in using some hardware like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-Unichrome-Double-Roller-Catch-C08820C-UC-P/100208367?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal1_rr-_-100114919-_-100208367-_-N. To access the stand you would just have to remove the whole access panel, two handles would help give leverage.

• 2 weeks later...
justplainnuts

Well, Stand just needs to be stained. Still can not set it up....wife wants new flooring in the room where its going. Oh what we have to do to support a hobby.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
justplainnuts

Slow updating but finally got my tank up around end of March....It is cycled now and has a Flame Hawk, PJ Cardinal, Clown and Lawnmower Blenny.  Going to be adding coral, but waiting until late august, Have some travel for work.

IMG_1116.JPG

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...