inTank Media Baskets

***SCAMMER*** kimsreef2sea

OesteUno

Paid for a tunze 3155, went through PM, Email and sent me a pic of product with username and date to verify the product in possession... Once I paid, I received a reply, payment, refund or the product.

Lesson learned as I have a heart to help others and was given a short story to send as Gift. I've given many payments as gifts and I have even overpaid people on forums just because they dropped the asking price. I hope the 125.00 goes a long way for him/her as they must be really struggling.

(If the product arrives, I will apologize and remove this but no communication after 5 days leads anyone to believe YOU are a thief)

https://www.nano-reef.com/profile/93308-kimsreef2sea/

below is our PM conversation prior to email.

kimsreef2sea

I have one that's about 6-7 months old. Using Hydro instead.

I'm near Carlsbad San D. Thinking $125 shipped?

I should have the org box as well.

Share this comment

Nice. Anything wrong or missing with the unit?

Can you send me pics pls

310-***-****

tyvm,

Eric

Share this comment

Its cleaned up no issues. Whats a good email? I have a scratch on my phone cam lens :(

will use my tablet.

Kimmy

Share this comment

**********@gmail.com

can you write on a piece of paper the date and your username to confirm its a legit picture since you can't send text.

tyvm,

Eric

Share this comment

I can do that

Share this comment

btw, if you have an iPhone, get a replacement camera here. Has videos on how to open phone. I have replaced my battery (pain in the...), digitizer/screen and the docking port. No issues. I have also replaced a few ipad screens, zero knowledge of electronics but the step by step videos made it super easy.

They have all device hardware, worth a shot to fix a simple issue.

http://www.repairsuniverse.com/?gclid=CLDlkpSkkNICFQ5rfgodXScIog

Eric

Share this comment

Payment sent, did you receive it?

Eric

gulfsurfer101

I hate to say this but You really need to research who you buy from. It appears that this person was only active the day they signed up and have a very low post count. I'd bee very hesitant to send them anything standard. Asking for me to send it as a gift I'd have told them to get bent. I'm sorry you lost money but you learned a valuable lesson.

26 minutes ago, gulfsurfer101 said:

I hate to say this but You really need to research who you buy from. It appears that this person was only active the day they signed up and have a very low post count. I'd bee very hesitant to send them anything standard. Asking for me to send it as a gift I'd have told them to get bent. I'm sorry you lost money but you learned a valuable lesson.

Ive been asked before to send as Gift so I did not think anything. As per new member status, yes I did think this but figured if I get a picture this would be the game changer. As I said, lesson learned but more importantly, I don't want anyone else to get scammed from this user. 

On a freshwater forum, I've been known to give free fish, tanks, good working equipment and even let people borrow qt tanks if I have extra stuff laying around. I've always tried to make my "username" via web a solid one. The struggle is real for this individual.

Funny I see this now. I was looking for kessils and she pm'd me saying she had an a160, ai nano, and spectral controller all for $135 shipped. Good thing I didn't buy from her.

Were the paypal funds linked to a CC or bank account?

Anyone you don't know asking for a gift payment is a scammer, always have that mindset.  If they really need the $3.75 and are too stupid to build it into the cost move on and do not press the send button.

Christopher Marks
9 minutes ago, stevethao said:

Funny I see this now. I was looking for kessils and she pm'd me saying she had an a160, ai nano, and spectral controller all for $135 shipped. Good thing I didn't buy from her.

Really? Maybe this is the smoking gun.

22 minutes ago, StevieT said:

Were the paypal funds linked to a CC or bank account?

Anyone you don't know asking for a gift payment is a scammer, always have that mindset.  If they really need the $3.75 and are too stupid to build it into the cost move on and do not press the send button.

The funds were taken from PayPal credit. If my PayPal had no balance, I would have just gone through my bank.

edit, put our convo in first post.

1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Really? Maybe this is the smoking gun.

Yep. She took our convo to emails though. I was hesitant and called her out because she had only been a member for 10 hours before pm'ing me. She hasn't replied to any of my emails since.

8 minutes ago, stevethao said:

Yep. She took our convo to emails though. I was hesitant and called her out because she had only been a member for 10 hours before pm'ing me. She hasn't replied to any of my emails since.

I doubt its a female. I believe this member is not new to this and has gotten better with practice. Reading it's Post history, im sure they have a main acct. based on the confident reply to questions.

9 hours ago, burtbollinger said:

this person was a no-brainer not to deal with.  

Well FU too. 

Next time I have a bad sale I'll let you learn your lesson too. Here I was trying to be open about a bad transaction but I'll keep to myself.

8 hours ago, OesteUno said:

Well FU too. 

Next time I have a bad sale I'll let you learn your lesson too. Here I was trying to be open about a bad transaction but I'll keep to myself.

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. 

burtbollinger
12 hours ago, OesteUno said:

Well FU too. 

lighten up, bro

• 3 weeks later...

TTT since he struck again. Buyer beware, we have a struggling member with not enough work skills to pay for stuff from his own hard earned money.

scammer contacts through PM only

19 minutes ago, samnaz said:

This person PMed me trying to sell me some stuff I was looking for. I didn't reply cause it seemed fishy.

100% scammer.

Clearly he will end this acct soon and create a new one.. he has bills to pay that he can't keep up with!

I wish Mods could do more than track ip address to San Diego

Archived