Coral Vue Hydros

Wtf?

ajroahkni

Nano-gods

Just started my 10G this past Sun-Mon. Harvested my LS (2") and LR (~10 lbs) from the ocean...

Bought a test kit today to check on the cycle.

pH 8.2

Ammonia 0 ppm

Nitrite 0 ppm

Nitrate 0 ppm

Make sense?

John

Sure it makes sense to me. Looks like your cycle is done or never happened. I'd wait a few more days and test again. You might want to see what others have to say since I'm kinda' new at all this too.

Pics.

I will try to get a digicam tomorrow to post some pics. Definitely need more LR though, wanna create a TOWER of LR, though now, it pretty much looks natural, like rubble on the sea floor.

Also, there's some slugs in my tank that I would like ID'd. They're cute little fat buggers, and they poop a LOT.

I would wait a bit and test some more. there is bound to be some die off. I wish I could go outside and grab some goodies from the water. However, if I were to do that my Hudson River critters would probably glow in the dark

It aint dead yet!! Although it is done is possible, it is unlikely. Wait a few weeks and keep testing, I'll bet there will be an ammonia spike in that time as die off occurs.;)

i had the same prob. in a way, i bought realy well cured rock and waited 12 or 13 days and i had NO trites or trates or ammonia, so me being impatient I decided to buy my crabs and snails and guess what? i started cycling and the whole cycle took about a week.

NATURAL ocean rock IS cycled.

Natural ocean rock in CAPTIVITY is NOT cycled. you will still have a 45 day period to wait before U can load it up with other more fragile life.

Must be nice to have coral gardens out yer front door.

Oh and the EPA Hawaii representatives WONT take it lightly the fact that U just contributed to Beach and Reef erosion, transportation of wild animals without a licence, Destruction of Estatuary Preserve property, and what ever else They want to throw at ya... Petty theft is another good one...... I'd refrain from collecting anything untill YOU READ THE REGULATIONS MANUAL AT DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION OFFICE !!!! you could go to jail dude.

ttyl John ( soon to be hangin whit Bubba) :D

Archived