inTank Media Baskets

Weetie's Zen Learning Experiment, Random Stuff

Weetabix7

2 minutes ago, markalot said:

3 pages to catch up and very few pics so yes please, post pics. :)

I know. 

(hangs head in shame)

The PoopBucket debacle kinda threw me for a loop, but I'm set up with Flickr now. 

• Like 1
On 7/20/2017 at 9:39 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Yay water in the big tank!!! omgomgomg

Everything is in there!!!

Well, I'm about a gallon short, but will finish that up today, otherwise all livestock is in there and tank is officially wet!!

Have a couple messy pics to post soon, first I need to Coffee, stayed up too late last night. 

• Like 7

Can not wait to see this. I had a 40B before I downsized to the 20L. I loved that tank. It was just a reef. Looking forward to your experiments. I know we will all be learning even more from this set up. You sure do keep it interesting.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Everything is in there!!!

Well, I'm about a gallon short, but will finish that up today, otherwise all livestock is in there and tank is officially wet!!

Have a couple messy pics to post soon, first I need to Coffee, stayed up too late last night. 

Messy pics as promised.

Remember, this isn't fine-tuned, it's just in there.

Messy FTS.

Left side is under 10k Metal Halide and natural sunlight, right side is T5HO with just Blue+ bulbs on in this pic.

Tank will be run on reverse light cycles.

35896247662_fbab874ce7_k.jpgP1060992 by Lisa Langston-Smith, on Flickr

Shot of left side:

35257965283_e937f44859_k.jpgP1060990 by Lisa Langston-Smith, on Flickr

Shot of right side:

36066535635_4c31cb387e_k.jpgP1060993 by Lisa Langston-Smith, on Flickr

Bad pic of Stomatella baby, couldn't get camera to focus well:

35896284742_91076199cd_k.jpgP1060995 by Lisa Langston-Smith, on Flickr

• Like 14
3 minutes ago, calvin said:

awesome! can't wait to see this in person. is the portieria in there?

It is, it's jumbled in with the Red Macros on the left. 

32 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Can not wait to see this. I had a 40B before I downsized to the 20L. I loved that tank. It was just a reef. Looking forward to your experiments. I know we will all be learning even more from this set up. You sure do keep it interesting.

Hey, thanks, that's one of the nicest things I've been told recently. :happy:

My brain works in interesting ways. 

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

If that snail is still on the ammonia alert, get it out of the tank, I think it's a Sundial.

I REALLY like that set up, gonna be interesting to see how it does in the coming months.

4 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

If that snail is still on the ammonia alert, get it out of the tank, I think it's a Sundial.

I think that you'd see that it isn't a sundail, if the pic was a little more clear.  I love the coloration of that stomatella.

• Like 2
StinkyBunny
6 minutes ago, seabass said:

I think that you'd see that it isn't a sundail, if the pic was a little more clear.  I love the coloration of that stomatella.

I just blew it up, you're right, it's a Stomatella.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I REALLY like that set up, gonna be interesting to see how it does in the coming months.

Thanks!!

It's definitely a Stomatella, it's one of the recent crop of babies that I've been hatching. 

I tried from a bunch of angles, but the camera kept wanting to focus on the words and not the snail so that was the best one I could get in the moment. 

38 minutes ago, seabass said:

I love the coloring/patterning on it too!!

I think that's the first time I've seen that on a Stoma. 

All the parents I put in were either the dark greyish coloring or the light grey, so it's interesting to think about what mix of genes led to this baby. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, MrBill2u said:

I love this tank so much.  Your stomatella looks a bit alarmed, though.

giphy.gif

Lol!!!

I think he might be sorta hanging out in that area of the tank cause I saw him again close to there yesterday morning. 

Couldn't find camera though. 

Also, thanks, but which tank do you mean?

I think I have now featured 3 different tanks on this thread. 

That's me, that kid that always has to do things a little different....  :lol:

And..... I may, possibly, have seen small amounts of Dino strings in the new 40B. :unsure:

Everything is still very much in the adjustment phase. 

About 50% of the water is completely freshly made SW and the other 50% was aged and came from systems that were already set up. 

• Like 2

The 40b is my favorite.  I adore the idea of a display refugium. My dream tank would have a refugium as big as the display.   

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MrBill2u said:

The 40b is my favorite.  I adore the idea of a display refugium. My dream tank would have a refugium as big as the display.   

Ah, well I can def see why you'd like that tank then, cause it's basically a giant 2 sided Display Refugium with little bits of Reef thrown in here and there. :D

25 minutes ago, tashayar said:

The zen title makes me think of Weetie in a robe raking patterns in the white sand every morning :happy:

Lol!!

The funny thing is, I actually do have a small container with sand that I semi-regularly rake/stir with a plastic fork. 

I just find it soothing. 

Jeans and t-shirt seems to be the perfect attire though, the robe just didn't work for me. ;)

• Like 4

Ok Peeps, new tank thread is up and running with lotsa new pics!!

For the few of you who have already seen it, I edited the heck outta the first 2 posts to get a much better pic of the story behind the tank and the setup. 

Dream Tank linky: 

• Like 3

Omigosh I've missed so much! I love all the macros and micro fauna, but I am especially excited for the new tank. Going to check the new thread now...omgomgomg

• Like 1

Edit: this is the embarrasing part where I: (1) realize I just posted in the wrong thread and (2) realize I can't figure out how to delete a post :lol:

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Rehype said:

oh my weets! This look fantastic you did a great job. Curious as to why the macro display is barebottom?

Thanks, friend!!

You should totally stop by the new thread for that tank cause I address that question in the second post and there's lots of new, nice pics. 

There's even a minor appearance by a mutual friend. ;)

I linked it a couple of posts above & it's now the first tank thread linked in my Sig as well. 

7 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Edit: this is the embarrasing part where I: (1) realize I just posted in the wrong thread and (2) realize I can't figure out how to delete a post :lol:

I like you, teeny. 

6 hours ago, frahny said:

Sweet idea!

Thx, you should come by the new thread too!!

• Like 2