Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Weetie's Zen Learning Experiment, Random Stuff

Weetabix7

4 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Tried again but still having probs with phone pics, but I know how much everyone loves pics, so here's what I'm gonna do for you. 

As a result of a discussion with someone earlier today, I ended up looking through my old photobucket pics of previous tanks. 

I really like the way the ABI Tuna Blue bulb makes my corals and system look, but with my current photo difficulties it's been impossible to show that. 

The following pics are of a previous aquarium and are NOT taken under the Tuna Blue bulb, but they come the closest to illustrating how this bulb makes things look, to my eye anyway. 

IMG_5325.jpg

IMG_5228.jpg

Lovely!  I imagine it's a lot easier taking pics with T5 bulbs, too. 

4 minutes ago, J-Ranko said:

Lovely!  I imagine it's a lot easier taking pics with T5 bulbs, too. 

Yes!!!

38 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I just got home a little bit ago and realized I'd forgotten to turn the new lamp on when I plugged it into the timer, so I turned it on and found Shelby half sitting on it...no polyps have been seen as of yet...  :closedeyes:

You gotta give it time to wake up, the sun just rose in it's world. :D

How's the tank looking?

2 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Yes!!!

You gotta give it time to wake up, the sun just rose in it's world. :D

How's the tank looking?

Sad. :( I just posted an update with some pictures.  The GSP didn't open tonight that I saw, but then I did move it around a fair bit lol.  Hopefully it'll perk up soon. :unsure:

natalia_la_loca

Weetie, have you considered setting up a Flickr account or similar photo storage service? It's super easy and you can bypass the file storage limitations on NR. Also allows you to attach photos by pasting the URL right in the post.

• Like 1
On 3/26/2017 at 5:02 PM, Weetabix7 said:

I really like the way the ABI Tuna Blue bulb makes my corals and system look, but with my current photo difficulties it's been impossible to show that. 

The following pics are of a previous aquarium and are NOT taken under the Tuna Blue bulb, but they come the closest to illustrating how this bulb makes things look, to my eye anyway. 

I hear you on this....it's really frustrating.  I can definitely vouch for you on the fact that your waterfall looks as good using the new bulb as those other pics you posted!  My bowl looks the same way. I'm going to try a yellow filter over my lens next...and then try using my son's DSLR.

• Like 1

I just finished my 2nd 100% WC on this little Waterfall Pico, and I just have to comment on something. 

I cannot believe how easy maintenance is on this thing. 

I can do a complete deep clean on every single part of this thing in 30-45 minutes. 

(You could prob do it quicker, but I'm slow & methodical.)

I'm talking completely rinse and clean all of the sand, take everything out and clean entire inside, take pump apart and clean all parts, the works. 

Do you KNOW how amazing that is???

Never has doing a Water Change been more enjoyable, it's crazy cool. 

On 3/27/2017 at 7:34 AM, natalia_la_loca said:

Weetie, have you considered setting up a Flickr account or similar photo storage service? It's super easy and you can bypass the file storage limitations on NR. Also allows you to attach photos by pasting the URL right in the post.

I have photobucket, but it's a real pain to use & I haven't yet figured out how to upload pics onto it from my phone. 

Have I mentioned I'm awful at that kind of thing? :lol:

I seem to get much better pics from my camera anyway, so I want to work on that a little more. 

Thx tho!!

14 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

I hear you on this....it's really frustrating.  I can definitely vouch for you on the fact that your waterfall looks as good using the new bulb as those other pics you posted!  My bowl looks the same way. I'm going to try a yellow filter over my lens next...and then try using my son's DSLR.

Yeah, I haven't tried the yellow filter thing yet. 

Let me know how that goes and where you get the filter. 

• Like 4
natalia_la_loca
28 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I can do a complete deep clean on every single part of this thing in 30-45 minutes. 

Do you KNOW how amazing that is???

Never has doing a Water Change been more enjoyable, it's crazy cool.

I know how amazing that is  ;)  The joy of picos!!!

I used to have Photobucket and i concur that it was a big pain in the butt.  Flickr is much easier IMO. The app is very easy to use.

BTW, I just ordered some yellow filters from Amazon. Will report soon on how well they work out.

• Like 1

Photobucket really is a pain to use nowadays.  The ads are ridiculous and bog the whole thing down.  It is much, MUCH faster to use Flickr from my desktop.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Photobucket really is a pain to use nowadays.  The ads are ridiculous and bog the whole thing down.  It is much, MUCH faster to use Flickr from my desktop.

Hmmm, this is good to know, I'm having the same problem with the ads. 

Yeah, when it can take 5+ mins to copy the code to imbed?  No thanks.  With Flickr I just click the share button and copy that code, it embeds right into the post as you are writing it!

• Like 2

I use Flickr and feel like it's a piece of cake. However, I have a hard time with it on my phone. But it's super easy to use on my laptop!

• Like 1

This is totally NOT aquarium related, but I just wanted to share the following quote from my daily calendar:

Whether it's an online dating profile you're not ready to post, or a trip you want to take after you lose ten pounds, or a business you want to start as soon as you save enough money, .... just start. You could get run over by the ice-cream man tomorrow. 

-Jen Sincero

• Like 7
54 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Why wait until tomorrow get ice cream today! I am thinking coffee almond fudge.

Oooh, I'd join you for that!!

• Like 1

I just finished catching up on this thread.  What a great pico not to mention your approach!  Kudos on the fun you are having watching this unfold... BTW my vote is Pecan and Pralines with the ice cream.  :P

• Like 1

It's Ice Cream Day on the Zen Aquarium Bus!!! omgomgomg

Also, ice cream is amazing & stuff but just to be clear, the point of the quote is that the time to start doing things that matter and are important to you is NOW, cause you really don't know what tomorrow will bring. 

Don't waste the time, just do it. 

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, DCUEVAS74 said:

I just finished catching up on this thread.  What a great pico not to mention your approach!  Kudos on the fun you are having watching this unfold... BTW my vote is Pecan and Pralines with the ice cream.  :P

Thanks much, nice to have you on the Zen Aquarium Bus!!

• Like 1
natalia_la_loca

Speaking of ice cream-ish things, this place in NYC has been getting some buzz lately. Edible raw cookie dough that you eat like ice cream.

25BURNER-DOUGH-master768.jpg

You had to know we would miss the whole point of your quote when you mentioned ice cream  :lol:

• Like 5
56 minutes ago, natalia_la_loca said:

Speaking of ice cream-ish things, this place in NYC has been getting some buzz lately. Edible raw cookie dough that you eat like ice cream.

25BURNER-DOUGH-master768.jpg

You had to know we would miss the whole point of your quote when you mentioned ice cream  :lol:

Omigosh! :wub:

And yeah, as soon as I heard "ice cream" I got off the bus. Or I got on the bus. My metaphors are getting all confused :lol:

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

It's Ice Cream Day on the Zen Aquarium Bus!!! omgomgomg

Also, ice cream is amazing & stuff but just to be clear, the point of the quote is that the time to start doing things that matter and are important to you is NOW, cause you really don't know what tomorrow will bring. 

Don't waste the time, just do it. 

But what if the ice cream shop is already closed for the day? :( 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, J-Ranko said:

But what if the ice cream shop is already closed for the day? :( 

Round here you can hear the ice cream truck at 8 or 9 at night lol

There's always Walmart's freezer section!