inTank Media Baskets

Weetie's Zen Learning Experiment, Random Stuff

Weetabix7

BustytheSnowMaam
On 8/19/2017 at 4:12 PM, Lula_Mae said:

That was actually a pic from an ebay auction I lost at the last second lol.  I do like your toadie though, and I'm not in a rush!  Let them grow out a bit and let me know when they're ready and I'll be happy to buy a frag and a mushroom or two from you. :happy:

Hi Lula,

Here's toadies, along with a pic of the parent. If you're interested I might have time to mail it/them on Tuesday.  The babies are just starting to fully extend.  Sorry for the hijack Weets.

IMG_7470.JPG

IMG_7471.JPG

• Like 2

I love your toadie tashayar, also wish i could participate in the thermothing. But i think oversea shipping to the Netherlands is not the best idea for macros and corals :huh:, i also would not have anything to add ofcourse. Would have just bought a pretty frag somewhere instead and put that in. Yes, i want to be closer to y'all. 

Anyway, i love the idea and would love to see how this turns out in the long run! 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, tashayar said:

Hi Lula,

Here's toadies, along with a pic of the parent. If you're interested I might have time to mail it/them on Tuesday.  The babies are just starting to fully extend.  Sorry for the hijack Weets.

IMG_7470.JPG

IMG_7471.JPG

So beautiful!  Sent you a PM. :happy:

• Like 1
On 8/25/2017 at 0:14 PM, cfaye@Delaware said:

I would like to do the trade but my trade time might be late, Nothing ready yet. Sounds like fun !!!!

I'm not ready yet either, too much going on right now!!

Maybe sometime in Sept. or Oct. 

However, I'm getting ready to do a thread on how to make DIY insulated shipping pouches, so maybe that'll be something that could help with a trade if I get around to organizing one. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

I'm not ready yet either, too much going on right now!!

Maybe sometime in Sept. or Oct. 

However, I'm getting ready to do a thread on how to make DIY insulated shipping pouches, so maybe that'll be something that could help with a trade if I get around to organizing one. 

Alrighty, I got that thread up, if anyone is interested in learning how to make their own insulated shipping pouches to ship frags for sale or trade, check this out: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2017 at 9:58 AM, Weetabix7 said:

Alrighty, I got that thread up, if anyone is interested in learning how to make their own insulated shipping pouches to ship frags for sale or trade, check this out: 

This is awesome!  Thanks for sharing!  I'll have to try this method next time I ship frags.

• 2 weeks later...

So.... life got busy. 

Corals haven't been looking as good in the Waterfall, just haven't looked right, and I finally broke down and moved them into the 40B MacGyver Slinky tank last night. 

It's still running cause I need to figure out how to gently get the RFA out that is in there. 

I suspect something may be off with the pump, like it wasn't made for SW and has something funky going on as a result. Not sure, just kind of a gut feeling.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:15 AM, Felicia said:

This is awesome!  Thanks for sharing!  I'll have to try this method next time I ship frags.

Really glad it was helpful!!

• Like 1

Life's always busy, isn't it? 

Maybe once you get the RFA out safely you can take a break on waterfall altogether, focus on all your experiments in the 40BMS tank, and then come back strong with Waterfall 2.0? 

• Like 2
On 7-10-2017 at 1:48 AM, Weetabix7 said:

So.... life got busy. 

Corals haven't been looking as good in the Waterfall, just haven't looked right, and I finally broke down and moved them into the 40B MacGyver Slinky tank last night. 

It's still running cause I need to figure out how to gently get the RFA out that is in there. 

I suspect something may be off with the pump, like it wasn't made for SW and has something funky going on as a result. Not sure, just kind of a gut feeling.

Really glad it was helpful!!

Im sorry the waterfall pico went downhill. Life gets busy, it happens. Is the 40B still doing well? 

Christopher Marks
On 10/6/2017 at 4:48 PM, Weetabix7 said:

That's a bummer! Can you disassemble it somehow and check out the impeller? Hopefully there's no rust.

23 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

That's a bummer! Can you disassemble it somehow and check out the impeller? Hopefully there's no rust.

I've been disassembling and cleaning that out about once a month. 

I hadn't noticed any rust, but then I also wasn't looking for it, just trying to hurry and get it done. 

On 10/9/2017 at 1:30 PM, Lisa166 said:

Im sorry the waterfall pico went downhill. Life gets busy, it happens. Is the 40B still doing well? 

Yep, it is!!

On 10/9/2017 at 8:16 AM, SeaFurn said:

Life's always busy, isn't it? 

Maybe once you get the RFA out safely you can take a break on waterfall altogether, focus on all your experiments in the 40BMS tank, and then come back strong with Waterfall 2.0? 

We are so on the same wavelength here, that is exactly what I'm doing!!

I just moved the RFA and the last of the rock over and will clean out the Waterfall until I figure out a good way to come back at things. 

There was actually some nasty slime growing on the rock that was still in there (bacterial, I'm guessing), so I cleaned that off with a toothbrush and added a little dose of Microbacter to the 40B after moving stuff over. 

The story of the Zen Bus isn't over, just moving into a new phase!!

• Like 6
  • 2 years later...

You go girl!  i am starting my first 10 gallon nano and my second tank overall!  I got this crazy itch after I basically stole my friends betta, juat to give him a good home, he was living in a bowl. y supplies came in today!  So stoked but scared that I will fail. I bit off more than I can chew and the whole thing is getting very frustrating because of this live action. I bough 230.00 worth of corals and dont even have my tank set up!  I dont like what i bought really!  I dint relize that platygyra, acan, blastos, zoa, and more  all need to grow on an island alone. I dont have that kind of space.  Not to mention I should have started with one fish and gradually added these corals.  I di this beacuse I saw shipping charges were insane on corals but after I bought all this of course I find sellers on ebay with nicer corals and much more color variation. They mostly had purple and green from th live auction.  The ebay seller was asking 14.99 shipping and said she would combine shipping so I am kicking myself in the head! LOL  Sorry for rant.  Hoping they will let me postpone the shipments and exchange some items when more colors and stock is better and go at it slowly!   Good luck with yours! Sorry about rant!

Hi Karen I have no idea why you would pick a thread that hasn't had a post on it in over 2 years to post a rant. I think instead of jumping all over the site you should start a thread maybe in the beginners forum. You will get more responses that way. You can absolutely start a reef in the 20 gallon tank you got. You do not have to drill it, in fact you do not have to have a sump or a skimmer. There are many ways to set up a simple tank. BUT you should do water changes. How much water and how often depends. No way should you be buying corals with out a tank set up and cycled. If you honestly already have corals coming to you get a tank set up and SOFT cycle it. One very nice simple set up on here you might check out is 12 gallon long and dirty. There are many others also. Good luck and welcome to NR 

• Like 2