Pod Your Reef

Tank Talk

reefbizkit

What do you have?  What would you buy if you could afford it?  I'm looking at the Red Sea or the JBJ rimless.  If and when I get this reef going it will most definately be an AOI so my wife can sleep at night.  Does anyone have that JBJ 45?  What are the pros and cons?  Just curious what you experienced reefers are doing.  Thanks.  

I currently have 2 reefs.

10g Aio IM

15g standard with hob.

There's pros and cons to both.

If I had money I'd do the red sea or custom set up.

The red sea tanks are sweet!

I have a Coralife Biocube 29. I couldn't be happier with it: it's the perfect AIO beginner tank for my first experience with ever having a tank.

If I could afford it, I would do the research and make a custom tank that's beautiful inside and out, plumbing and all, lit cabinets, hidden sump, blah blah.

Red Sea Tanks are beautiful!

Up graded from the Coralife bc29 after 3 years to the Red Sea Max e260 for more room. Loved the bc29 aio, just wanted more room. If you don't plan on sumping it with an after market sump, or plan on leaving it aio, the e260 is great. Its very much designed for their sump or a custom sump that would fit red sea plumbing. Lost lots of sleep plumbing mine to fit the sump I picked out. But now it runs like a champ. 

Archived