Cultivated Reef

Sprites 25 sps Lagoon

sprite

After the last yr of battling aefw and Dino's twice, I decided to start fresh with a new tank for this yr. This tank has been running since the beginning of Nov. 

I'm using the stock return pump, Intank floss holder, no skimmer. Controlled by Reef Angel controller for ato, temp and water change mode.

Started out with 250 radium

IMG_0297_zpssfpx3t16.jpg

Then decided to go with the new radion xr30 g4 about 2 weeks ago

IMG_0337_zpsfufmh93z.jpg

Some frag shots

Recent Reef Pets frags

F6F74907-C5F6-45B4-A998-26B483ABA76F_zps

WCR Game Changer

1599E05C-5B9F-4EFD-ABA7-1E6CD2C40EEE_zps

Game Changer and a freebie frag that's getting nicer

9A5C6B17-7AD9-479A-80CA-455021430228_zps

A Reef pet frag I can't remember name now and pink lemonade frag that's green for now. I'm slowly moving it up to higher light.

28D7C75B-C3A8-4C0A-9494-2A65537E2AE9_zps

Strawberry Fields with no strawberries at the moment

C905E75D-2918-435A-B7CC-9CF654EF66FF_zps

Nice looking frags. I'll be interested to see how those ReefPets frags acclimate. Their colors always looks very unique but I have to believe they have some funky parameters in their tanks. 

2 hours ago, markalot said:

I like the Halide better. :)  Good luck this time around.

Haha... looked like a warming station at a buffet.

Love the Radion... I think you're going to like it too!!

Christopher Marks
1 hour ago, cnseekatz said:

LOL!

That Radion sure looks a lot more sleek @sprite! Have you noticed your corals responding to the change of lighting? How's the transition been?

5 hours ago, markalot said:

I like the Halide better. :)  Good luck this time around.

Thanks Mark.. The halide just heated the water up to much in the summer and I hated seeing a fan up there ?

2 hours ago, cnseekatz said:

Love the Radion... I think you're going to like it too!!

Already liking the radion.. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

LOL!

That Radion sure looks a lot more sleek @sprite! Have you noticed your corals responding to the change of lighting? How's the transition been?

Thanks @Christopher Marks... I've noticed some subtle changes in the last 2 weeks... A JF Fox Flame that has  never colored up for me is beginning to get the yellow tips for example.

4 hours ago, uwdanno said:

Nice looking frags. I'll be interested to see how those ReefPets frags acclimate. Their colors always looks very unique but I have to believe they have some funky parameters in their tanks. 

@uwdanno Thanks...Reef Pets run a 250w radium. All the other frags I bought from them held color very well. The red and tall blue frag has gotten deeper under the radion. I'm not sure if it's cause of my light being turned down right now or not but today I raise intensity a bit, so we'll see in a few weeks. Also I like to run between 5-10 nitrates and under .03 phosphate so that may also be a reason for the darkening.

6 minutes ago, sprite said:

@uwdanno Thanks...Reef Pets run a 250w radium. All the other frags I bought from them held color very well. The red and tall blue frag has gotten deeper under the radion. I'm not sure if it's cause of my light being turned down right now or not but today I raise intensity a bit, so we'll see in a few weeks. Also I like to run between 5-10 nitrates and under .03 phosphate so that may also be a reason for the darkening.

I think you're right. My guess would be their systems are ULNS. 

Also just added a profilux doser. I was manual dosing but when I would forget to dose it didn't hurt much. Now in the last couple weeks if I forget to dose my ALK will drop almost a half a point. Hoping this doser takes care of the fluctuations.

Thanks!! I will say...A week after changing to the radions, my ALK consumption had gone up. Water changes is no longer keeping up with ALK demands like it was under the radium. Not sure if it was the light change that sparked something or just timing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived