SaltCritters.com

ry05coupe's Fusion 20 - New FTS 7/23

ry05coupe

• 3 weeks later...

The fish store I prefer going to got a huge shipment of RBTAs from a customer's tank and thy were beautiful. It has been in the aquarium for about 3 weeks now and is doing great. The female clownfish has finally taken to it!

IMG_9198.JPG

• Like 2
1 hour ago, porkchop-rob said:

GREAT PICTURE!

Thanks! It was tough to get. Ever time I went near the tank she bolted to the front to beg for food lol. 

• Like 2

Here is an updated FTS for June. Not too many changes. Added the RBTA and it took up shop where my toadstool was, so I have moved it and it is adjusting to it's. I also got rid of the Xenia, I knew it was a fast grower but it was spreading faster than I was comfortable with. Fish all continue do to well.

IMG_9222.JPG

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated FTS. There is a new addition in the tank too, can you spot him?

IMG_9281.thumb.JPG.ee1cdb510bf7f3ad9c5a20426aff7c15.JPG

Tailspot Blenny!

IMG_9279.thumb.JPG.f6b115c55d1739e1afc1c175794853f6.JPG

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Very nice! I also have the Fusion 20 with a 24" current orbit and thinking of pulling the trigger on an AI Prime HD. Couple questions if you don't mind. What size bracket do you have with it? What settings do you have on it? 

6 hours ago, xthunt said:

Very nice! I also have the Fusion 20 with a 24" current orbit and thinking of pulling the trigger on an AI Prime HD. Couple questions if you don't mind. What size bracket do you have with it? What settings do you have on it? 

Hi xthunt,

Here are my current settings. Right now I have them reduced by 15% from what you see here by using the acclimation tool to see how the corals respond. I think my percentages here are just a little high. 

IMG_9417.thumb.PNG.7654ae3c495dec2f8fe8f9f99c8a8d8f.PNG

For the bracket, I am using AI's  metal tank mount, holding the light about 9 inches above the surface of the water. You can see it here:

https://www.marinedepot.com/Aqua_Illumination_Tank_Mount_for_Prime_LED_Fixture_LED_Light_Fixtures_for_Aquariums-AquaIllumination-3Z4817-FILTFILD-vi.html

• Like 1

Here is a shot of the tank as everything winds down for the night. The mp10 goes into night mode around 9:30 and the lights begin to simulate sunset at 7:00, really getting blue from 9:00-10:00 and then going into lunar simulation from 10:00 pm-12:00 am. This picture was taken right at 9:30 pm. 

IMG_9422.thumb.PNG.63b0d7f3bd09b26402623971d26a5838.PNG

• Like 1

Thanks I ordered one earlier with the metal bracket. I was planning on going lower than that, maybe start around 60 and go up, but it's good to know that it can be pushed that high. 

7 hours ago, xthunt said:

Thanks I ordered one earlier with the metal bracket. I was planning on going lower than that, maybe start around 60 and go up, but it's good to know that it can be pushed that high. 

When it's all said and done, mine will probably be around 70-75% on average. I had it cranked up a little for my RBTA but I'm thinking that was unnecessary now. Initially I think I started the the light I the 40s and worked up from there. 

• Like 1

FTS 7/23/17

IMG_9497.thumb.JPG.ff2f03c3b9d1c0002cebe3c70ddf4ba9.JPG

I took this about 10 minutes after feeding everything, so some of the corals and the nem still look a little closed up. 

Unfortunatey I was forced to re-home my YCG a few weeks ago over some LPS nipping. Other than that, everything is doing well. It took the Tailspot a while to settle in and start eating, but now I can't keep him away from food. The new Fire Shrimp is also a pig. 

I have been doing weekly 5g water changes but I am going to push that back to 5g once every two weeks and see of the corals respond. I think that may benefit them. I am still running skimmer-less. It may be a coincidence, but I have seen so much more life in this tank that previous ones, and I am putting that down to not using my skimmer and not having a wrasse or other predatory fish that would eat them all. There are pods, snails and other inverts EVERYWHERE! 

• Like 2

Pre-water change too down shot. With the pumps off, this is one of my favorite views. If you look closely, you can see a new guy who is on a trial-adoption. 

IMG_9573.JPG

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 0:00 AM, taima1shu said:

Love your tank set up!! I have just started a nuvo fusion 20 as well!! Was wondering how did you set up the chaeto refugium, what equipment did you buy? 

Hey, thanks! I think you will be really happy with the tank. I bought a JBJ fuge glow LED light and an inTake refugium basket for the tank. I've got chaeto in the fuge and have the light on a timer to be on when the main tank lights are off. I think it really helps things out, despite its small size. 

• Like 1