inTank Media Baskets

ry05coupe's Fusion 20 - New FTS 7/23

ry05coupe

2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

That's awesome that they paired up so quickly! Sounds ideal in every way.

If you want to share the video here, you can upload it to Youtube from your iPhone using the Share icon in the left corner, and then to post it here all you have to do is paste the Youtube page address into the editor and it will embed automatically :) 

Perfect, thank you! 

2 hours ago, do not smoke the reef(er) said:

tanks coming along what type of goby is that?love pair!

Thanks! He is a High Fin Red Banded goby. They're great and have a lot of personality. He usually hangs out by the opening of the cave but occasionally swims in the water column, especially around feeding time. 

• Like 2
do not smoke the reef(er)
4 hours ago, ry05coupe said:

Thanks! He is a High Fin Red Banded goby. They're great and have a lot of personality. He usually hangs out by the opening of the cave but occasionally swims in the water column, especially around feeding time. 

Wish my ywg didn't jump! Next tank I want to grab one seems like a great addition to the tank

7 hours ago, do not smoke the reef(er) said:

Wish my ywg didn't jump! Next tank I want to grab one seems like a great addition to the tank

Along with Yasha gobies, they're my favorite. They also stay pretty small so they are perfect for our tanks. I'm sorry to hear about your YWG! That always stinks. 

Quick update on the tank. I have been going a little coral crazy lately but this little guy is the latest (and final) fish addition. I was able to find a very healthy Yellow Clown Goby that was eating well at the LFS and very social. I've heard of people having issues in the past with them eating well and doing well in general, but this guy ate on the first night and doesn't seem to care about the other fish at all. He has been in the tank for about 5 days now. 

IMG_8773.JPG

• Like 4

I have one. It did take him a while to start eating. But now he is the best fish in the tank.  Mine well even sit on the glass in the front of the tank and stare at me. lol

• Like 1
21 hours ago, HIppieRose said:

I have one. It did take him a while to start eating. But now he is the best fish in the tank.  Mine well even sit on the glass in the front of the tank and stare at me. lol

That is awesome! I am very happy with my decision to add this guy too. He is always up to something and took almost no time to settle in. 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Beautiful yellow clown goby! I've always been a big fan of those, they really pop against the red/pink/purples predominantly in reef tanks.

The high fin red banded goby doesn't seem to mind the new roommate?

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Beautiful yellow clown goby! I've always been a big fan of those, they really pop against the red/pink/purples predominantly in reef tanks.

The high fin red banded goby doesn't seem to mind the new roommate?

Not at all! If anything it had made him a little more active and less shy. I noticed the Hi Fin swimming around the tank yesterday, especially during feeding time. At one he was face-to-face with the YCG, maybe 1.5" apart and almost looked like friends. I was worried that something had happened to the pistol shrimp which caused the Hi Fin start exploring, but I saw them both back together last night before lights off!  

• Like 1

Post water change updated FTS:

IMG_8806.JPG

Things have been going well in the tank. I have disconnected the skimmer for now after noticing that my chaeto in the refugium was starving out. Nitrates and Phosphates have been consistently at 0 for a while now and I think that was the culprit. The skimmer was easily the loudest piece of equipment, and since the tank is in a bedroom I though this would be a good experiment. If my Nitrates and Phosphates climb too quickly or too high I will put the skimmer back in. For now though, the chaeto is rebounding nicely and is back I being thick and dark green. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, SaltyBuddha said:

Tank is looking great at the two month mark. Can't wait to see how things thing looks after a year!

Thanks! Hard to believe it has only been two months! 

• Like 1

Small update. Traded in the clown pair because of incompatibility issues. I think there was a chance that I selected two females  but whatever the case may have been, they did NOT like each other. It was more than a case of clown-dominance. I have had my eye on a female Percula who has been at a local fish store for a while, and picked her up. She has been alone since I've known about her and seems very content that way. I will not be attempting to pair her up any time in the near future. Here is the current crew: 

New Clown: 

IMG_8892.JPG

Royal Gramma:

IMG_8869.JPG

Clown Goby:

IMG_8870.JPG

Hifin Goby:

IMG_8896.JPG

• Like 1
Just now, SaltyBuddha said:

The goby frown is so good! Does he come out often? 

He is out 95% of the time. Sometimes exploring the tank but spends the majority of his time hanging out at one of his cave openings. I see his pistol shrimp a couple of times a week but hear him snapping every day. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
ry05coupe

FTS 5/5/17:

IMG_8956.thumb.JPG.6c6511e93772ce304fb085fbe770fe1f.JPG

I have added some pulsing Xenia, a lobo and a few other small frags. Everything has been going well over all. 

One small mention, and that is the removal of my Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. I have been reefing for 10 years now and wouldn't have believed it unless I had seen it with my own eyes, but I had a Ducan coral eating SCS. The Duncan hadn't been fully expanding for about a week when three nights ago I caught the Cleaner Shrimp pulling chicks off of it until it would fully close up. He would give it a break, let it open up again and then get right back to it. He was a well fed shrimp so I don't think that lack of food was an issue. Maybe boredom? Anyway, he is gone and the Duncan is returning to its former glory. 

Other than that, I changed my return pump from a Cobalt MJ900 to an MJ600. Just wanted to reduce the flow coming from the return nozzles a little. 

The skimmer is still offline and algae has not been an issue. Refugium must be doing it's job! Nitrate and Phosphate are still below detectable levels, but the chaeto is no longer starving out. 

• Like 2

While checking out the tank after work today and not being able to find my YCG, I became worried that I had experienced my first fatality in the tank. After looking around for a few minutes, I checked my inTank media basket: 

IMG_9024.thumb.JPG.f30b364692dacf98a327c2f0067c8f26.JPG

Alive and well. Phew!

• Like 1

So I saw this little guy scurrying around at the front of the tank today after adding some food. Looks like a baby nassarius to me. I have two adults in the tank currently. Never seen this before though: